Law School Discussion

Low UGPA..Can't get into law school

Low UGPA..Can't get into law school
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:37:03 AM »
For two years straight, I didn't get into law school due to my 2.75 GPA and low lsat score. I'm currently enrolled in a lsat prep class, which will hopefully help raise my score. I want to know what I can do to better my chances of getting in for fall 2009. I would appreciate all the advice I can get.

Re: Low UGPA..Can't get into law school
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:44:38 AM »
What is your LSAT score and where did you apply?

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:44:43 AM »
A 2.75 GPA will only disqualify you from 5 or 6 schools. A high LSAT will make you competitive almost anywhere, including several T14 schools. Just focus on getting your score up and apply accordingly.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »
My LSAT score was 144. I applied to Southwestern, Loyola, Western State, Whittier and La Verne.

jack24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:57:05 AM »
My LSAT score was 144. I applied to Southwestern, Loyola, Western State, Whittier and La Verne.

Good luck with your LSAT.  You're probably going to get some pretty harsh advice on this site.  My UGPA isn't a whole lot better but I got into a few T2 schools with decent softs and a 159.  If you can get your LSAT into the mid 150's you might want to consider applying to Gonzaga and Willamette.  Both of those schools seem to have OK employment prospects in their areas and they've admitted quite a few people around the 156/3.0 range.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:27:47 AM »
At this point the only thing you can do is try to improve your LSAT.  Like Jack says, shooting for the mid-150s is a good goal.  Good luck with your class.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
Why the hell do you want to go to law school in the first place?  It is not a place for slackers or people who can't succeed academically.  There are FEW schools that will admit you with that low a GPA and NONE that will accept you with that GPA/LSAT combination.  Correction, no schools that can provide you with any reasonable post-graduate employment opportunities.  Sure, you can get into a T14...if you score a 175.  let's be realistic.     

wannaB1L

• Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »
ever consider the Broadway School of Refrigerator repair? If you try very hard you could bring up your LSAT to 155. This would get you into T4's like La Verne and Whittier. I think Chapman and SoWestern are out of reach for you. I think La Verne would be a good choice. I think it is a decent school, and though they tend not to make much money upon graduation- they do seem to land mediocre jobs in the inland empire.

You know that competition is tough in LS and that all those other strivers are shooting for the top of the class to prove that they are not worthless TTTers.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »
A 2.75 GPA will only disqualify you from 5 or 6 schools. A high LSAT will make you competitive almost anywhere, including several T14 schools. Just focus on getting your score up and apply accordingly.

You're an idtiot.  This person has been unable to get into ANY law school for two years because his LSAT was so bad.  WTF are you talking about the t14 for?

wannaB1L

• Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 11:28:20 AM »

You're an idtiot.  This person has been unable to get into ANY law school for two years because his LSAT was so bad.  WTF are you talking about the t14 for?

TITCQ/ R