Law School Discussion

UMich vs. UCLA

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: UMich vs. UCLA
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 08:02:50 AM »
I am not sure why you are being so stupidly insistant about this. We don't interview at GW. We have interviewed at Gtown before, and there is an associate here who was hired as a result of that interview, but we do not interview at GW. The person who submitted the paperwork made a mistake. You aren't pwning anyone and you're wasting the time of the OP an other people here who are far less interested in seeing you pwn me than in whether it's worth attending UCLA over Michigan.

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »
I'm being "insistant" because you're a liar.  Forgive me if I don't believe you after you conveniently "forgot" about Cornell, and even Georgetown as you admit. 

Your "point" is that the top firms care about small differences in prestige, i.e. that between UMich and UCLA.  When your firm interviews at GULC (and GW) level schools this argument is undermined.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 08:11:52 AM »
I'm being "insistant" because you're a liar.  Forgive me if I don't believe you after you conveniently "forgot" about Cornell, and even Georgetown as you admit. 

Your "point" is that the top firms care about small differences in prestige, i.e. that between UMich and UCLA.  When your firm interviews at GULC (and GW) level schools this argument is undermined.

And you're an idiot. The prestige difference between UCLA and Michigan is not small.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 08:20:05 AM »

And you're an idiot. The prestige difference between UCLA and Michigan is not small.

You're an idiot and you miss the point.  How surprising.  Your "argument" was that a difference in ranking of about 10 points is enough to effect one's employment prospects.  This is presumably why you mentioned your firm (though we all know you were just attempting to brag).  Your self-styled "top firm" recruits at schools around and below UCLA's level, hence your argument is undermined. 

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »

You're an idiot and you miss the point.  How surprising.  Your "argument" was that a difference in ranking of about 10 points is enough to effect one's employment prospects.  This is presumably why you mentioned your firm (though we all know you were just attempting to brag).  Your self-styled "top firm" recruits at schools around and below UCLA's level, hence your argument is undermined. 

It's no secret that people with Michigan degrees have better employment prospects than people with UCLA degrees. I never said my firm was a top firm. And I never said it was representative. 

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 09:20:33 AM »
Can anyone - even YOU - possibly be this stupid?  REGARDLESS of whether Michigan is more prestigious than UCLA, YOUR argument was awful, because the very firm that you used as your example recruits at schools similar to UCLA.  This undermines your argument that someone going to UCLA would have decreased employment opportunities (as evinced by your firm).

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 10:12:43 AM »
U.M.I.C.H.

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »
Why don't more southern women part their hair down the middle??

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 01:17:02 PM »
I wouldn't call the opportunities "slightly better." What I would say is that you may, but may not, have very significantly better opportunities, depending on grades.

What if he ends up at the bottom of Michigan's class?  Wouldn't that still be better than UCLA?

There seems to be a general consensus that umich will be more attractive for firms, but for public-sector environmental law, you may want to give UCLA a real hard look.

For public interest law, the schools PI office and connections could be much more important - especially if you want to practice in LA.

woeisme

• Untouchable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 12:29:14 AM »
Which firm?