Law School Discussion

does EVERYBODY have over a 170?

Re: does EVERYBODY have over a 170?
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2004, 11:42:30 AM »
Back to to the original point...

I wasn't complaining about your superhuman scores.  It just warms my heart that a bunch of students in the top 1% have found a place to debate about who is in the top .1%. 

Ginatio

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2004, 12:07:45 PM »
you forgot bourbon

rye? people really drink rye, other than the song in which we drove the chevy to the levy but the levy was dry?

huh. it seems vaguely literary, like drinking absinthe

Yeah, it is a type of scotch whiskey, that is distilled from rye, usually mixed with corn or barley.  I recommend Jim Beam Rye, because you won't be thinking about the LSAT after a few shots.

I should clarify.  It is a type of whiskey, not necessarily scotch, though.  It has been a while since I went to bartending classes.

i thought whiskey, scotch, whisky, rye...i thought they were all pretty much the same *&^%.  only differences are the way they are distilled, dried, blended/not-blended, and where they are from.

lexylit

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »
but george thorogood didnt...

CJLaw

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2004, 07:09:02 AM »
My best impression of superiorlobe:

It is 10:30 am on June 14th and I just finished my 58th practice exam. I scored a 178 :'(. I have been gunning for that 180. For the past seven months I have studied for the LSAT over 9 hours per day, taking a practice test everyday for the last two months. I know I can score a 180! I know it, I know it, I know it, I know it . . . . BUT the last three practice tests I have taken, I have scored 180-179-179-178. I just cannot afford to be incorrect on FIVE questions. Do you understand what my daddy would do to me? I must get into Yale, Harvard, or Stanford, or my daddy will dissolve my trust fund. Then he will beat me on my bare ass with a deep sea bass ----I cannot go through that again. Because of the smell, no one at the yacht club approached me for over a week :'( I think I will play it safe and pospone taking until October. I will then have the summer to obsess about the LSAT and masturbate daily to my Examcrackers. . . . . . What choice best describes the author's point of view? Is it A? oh yeah it could, baby. Maybe B? C'mon slip into something more comfortable. C? Almost there! How about a little DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD . . . right in your face! Beats Playboy everytime! ;)

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2004, 07:25:43 AM »
Hrm...a little harsh, but funny nonetheless.  I like you.  :D

My best impression of superiorlobe:

It is 10:30 am on June 14th and I just finished my 58th practice exam. I scored a 178 :'(. I have been gunning for that 180. For the past seven months I have studied for the LSAT over 9 hours per day, taking a practice test everyday for the last two months. I know I can score a 180! I know it, I know it, I know it, I know it . . . . BUT the last three practice tests I have taken, I have scored 180-179-179-178. I just cannot afford to be incorrect on FIVE questions. Do you understand what my daddy would do to me? I must get into Yale, Harvard, or Stanford, or my daddy will dissolve my trust fund. Then he will beat me on my bare ass with a deep sea bass ----I cannot go through that again. Because of the smell, no one at the yacht club approached me for over a week :'( I think I will play it safe and pospone taking until October. I will then have the summer to obsess about the LSAT and masturbate daily to my Examcrackers. . . . . . What choice best describes the author's point of view? Is it A? oh yeah it could, baby. Maybe B? C'mon slip into something more comfortable. C? Almost there! How about a little DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD . . . right in your face! Beats Playboy everytime! ;)

superiorlobe

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2004, 07:48:06 AM »
I'm so pleased to be getting a reputation.  By the way, I really do think I can get a 180  ;D

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2004, 04:10:51 AM »
Obvious question: if you're so sure, superiorlobe, what are you doing on a *discussion boad*? Apparently, there's no discussing it. So rather than obsessing or ranting, go ahead and get the bloody score and put yourself out of your misery, and us out of ours. This board and all us less-than-superiors are obviously a waste of your time. But then again, there's always December, right?

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2004, 05:00:39 PM »
i thought whiskey, scotch, whisky, rye...i thought they were all pretty much the same *&^%.  only differences are the way they are distilled, dried, blended/not-blended, and where they are from.

That's like saying that whiskey and vodka are the same thing, the only difference between the two being what they are distilled from and the way they are distilled, etc.

I am amazed that a bartender could confuse Rye with Scotch. That's a mortal sin in the world of spirit-dispensing...

Among other things, like the region where they are made/their ingrediants are grown, alcohlic beverages are defined by the process and the ingredients that are used in making the beverage. Also, there are often laws that dictate whether or not a beverage can be properly called by a certain name. For example, no beverage can be legally called 'champagne' unless it is a sparkling white wine made from grapes grown in the Champagne region of France.

A whiskny can not legally be called 'rye' unless it is distilled from a fermented mash of at least 51 percent rye grain. That being said, let's get to laymen's definitions...

'Rye' whiskey is generally what people call American whisky that is not bourbon. Bourbon whisky comes from Bourbon county, Kentucky. A popular misconception is that Jack Daniel's is bourbon; it is not. Actually, JD is made in Tennessee. A popular brand of bourbon is Wild Turkey.

Scotch is sort of the 'king' of whiskeys, and is by far the most expensive (that is, at the higher ends). Johnnie Walker is a popular type of scotch, and can be rather expensive (Johnnie Walker 'blue' being the most expensive line).

Other popular types of whiskey are Canadian whisky and Irish whiskey (Jameson). Whatever. The point is that they are very different. Have a shot of Jim Beam and then a shot of Dewar's and you'll see what I mean.