Law School Discussion

does EVERYBODY have over a 170?

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: does EVERYBODY have over a 170?
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 08:54:29 AM »
i think 9 out of 10 people are telling the truth on this board.  people sincerely want to help, and i can see that, which is why i stick around this board. 

i just dont know why people would be inclined to lie on a discussion board.  whats the point?  does it make you look better to others whom youve never met?  its kinda sad to think that people value their worth and falsely validate themselves on the internet to make themselves feel better.  those people dont need to be put down...they need help psychological help.  maybe its a fantasy.  maybe they just suck in real life.  who knows...

but i can say that the people who ive interacted with on this board seem pretty genuine in their words.  and thats a lot from me...cuz im an cynical bastard.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 08:55:46 AM »
You're right.  I hate people that lie about their scores.  They make my 180 look less impressive.

superiorlobe

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 08:57:53 AM »
I have noticed that as well.  On the other hand, I live in Boston and everyone I know from work, school, church, and random meetings at parties went to Harvard or MIT or some even more elite school and they are mostly super accomplished people.  I don't think I know a single person whose test scores (whether MCAT, GMAT, GRE, etc) are less than the 95th percentile.

It is getting to the point that I think anything less than getting into a top 5 law school would be way way below average. I'd rather crawl in a cave and die than go to some sub-par place like U. Penn, U. Michigan, Berkely, Duke, Northwestern, etc.  I mean those are schools for people who can't make 175.

nathanielmark

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »
We would not expect anything less from someone of your pedigree, lobes.

I have noticed that as well.  On the other hand, I live in Boston and everyone I know from work, school, church, and random meetings at parties went to Harvard or MIT or some even more elite school and they are mostly super accomplished people.  I don't think I know a single person whose test scores (whether MCAT, GMAT, GRE, etc) are less than the 95th percentile.

It is getting to the point that I think anything less than getting into a top 5 law school would be way way below average. I'd rather crawl in a cave and die than go to some sub-par place like U. Penn, U. Michigan, Berkely, Duke, Morthwestern, etc.  I mean those are schools for people who can't make 175.

gooooooo

• 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 09:04:14 AM »

It is getting to the point that I think anything less than getting into a top 5 law school would be way way below average. I'd rather crawl in a cave and die than go to some sub-par place like U. Penn, U. Michigan, Berkely, Duke, Morthwestern, etc.  I mean those are schools for people who can't make 175.

Real man of the people, you.

TimZ

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 09:05:37 AM »
Come on. Who really has a 170+? I can only remmeber 3 posters from this site.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 09:07:02 AM »
I was hoping, on an incredible reach, to get in Georgetown.  I now know, thanks to superior, that it would bring shame on serveral generations of my children.  I am going to commit hara-kari to preserve my honor.

superiorlobe

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 09:10:04 AM »
I can tell I'm going to look really stupid when I get that 169 in October :(

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004, 09:12:18 AM »
I can tell I'm going to look really stupid when I get that 169 in October :(

actually you look pretty stupid already with or without your 159

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 09:14:02 AM »
Come on. Who really has a 170+? I can only remmeber 3 posters from this site.

I do  ;D I have a 182