grahamers

• Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has Bush lost it?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 10:29:52 AM »
The dead guy.  RR sr.

Becaue he's dead.

Ron Regan Jr isn't dead.  Nor is Bush.  To whom were you referring?

I must admit you lost me.  Are you asserting that if a person who is used as an example is dead, the example is invalid?

jgruber

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 10:31:38 AM »
I meant they didn't criticize because you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead or their son until well after the funeral.

I watched a lot of the RR TV coverage and heard many examples of selective memory loss.

The dead guy.  RR sr.

Becaue he's dead.

I must admit you lost me.  Are you asserting that if a person who is used as an example is dead, the example is invalid?

grahamers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 10:36:40 AM »
I meant they didn't criticize because you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead or their son until well after the funeral.

I watched a lot of the RR TV coverage and heard many examples of selective memory loss.

The dead guy.  RR sr.

Becaue he's dead.

Uhm... the statement I quoted was an obvious dig at Bush.  RR Jr. was basically saying, "My dad thought of his life as a responsibility whereas Bush thinks of his as a mandate."  This was a big slap in the face of Bush's reasons for Iraq and other actions taken in the name of his particular faith.  It had nothing to do with speaking ill of Reagan.  In fact, Junior was praising his father's view on religion.

Why do you think it was speaking ill of RR Sr?

jgruber

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 10:38:59 AM »
OH.  Now I get it.  Now that you remind me, I remember thinking about it.  I mentioned to my wife that things must be going badly for Bush if RR Jr. -- a conservative radio dude -- is taking shots at Bush.

I thought you were saying that RR Jr. was guilding the lily -- which he probably was -- and why didn't the media say anything about that.

The dead guy.  RR sr.

Becaue he's dead.

Uhm... the statement I quoted was an obvious dig at Bush.  RR Jr. was basically saying, "My dad thought of his life as a responsibility whereas Bush thinks of his as a mandate."  This was a big slap in the face of Bush's reasons for Iraq and other actions taken in the name of his particular faith.  It had nothing to do with speaking ill of Reagan.  In fact, Junior was praising his father's view on religion.

Why do you think it was speaking ill of RR Sr?

grahamers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 10:41:55 AM »
Phew... I thought I was missing something.

How'd you score a 196 on the lSAT with that example of RC?  ;-)

jgruber

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2004, 10:43:22 AM »

I didn't.  I got a 195.  I missed the question about presidential eulogies.

grahamers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 10:49:36 AM »

I didn't.  I got a 195.  I missed the question about presidential eulogies.

LMAO!!!!

Ginatio

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 10:52:03 AM »
GOP now has ads out using the memory of Ronald Reagan to bash Kerry... of all the insensitive, politically virulent things to do ...

jgruber

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 10:55:02 AM »
GOP now has ads out using the memory of Ronald Reagan to bash Kerry... of all the insensitive, politically virulent things to do ...

It's not surprising.  And did you wonder why there were hours and hours and hours of TV time to cover the ceremonies surrounding Reagan?  If a Democratic ex-president had died instead, do you think that it would have been so grand and well covered by the media?

Ginatio

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2004, 10:56:35 AM »
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/nation/8941624.htm?1c

cmon jimmy, you can do it...

It's not surprising.  And did you wonder why there were hours and hours and hours of TV time to cover the ceremonies surrounding Reagan?  If a Democratic ex-president had died instead, do you think that it would have been so grand and well covered by the media?