Law School Discussion

16 year old in at yale (woody allen's son)

BAFF213

Re: 16 year old in at yale (woody allen's son)
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 05:45:45 PM »
that's crazy

Served

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 05:22:14 PM »
What a bunch of bull S---.  There are plenty of applicants with a better GPA from better schools who are interested in human rights work, and have done plenty of it (perhaps they weren't well off enough to do it outside their own poverty stricken neighborhoods in the States) and have better than modest LSAT scores who got dinged at Yale, and many other schools.

I love the aristocracy that hides behind the ruse of the meritocracy in the elite echelons of society.  May be I can buy my kids into Yale one day.

mxpocc

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »
What a bunch of bull S---.  There are plenty of applicants with a better GPA from better schools who are interested in human rights work, and have done plenty of it (perhaps they weren't well off enough to do it outside their own poverty stricken neighborhoods in the States) and have better than modest LSAT scores who got dinged at Yale, and many other schools.

I love the aristocracy that hides behind the ruse of the meritocracy in the elite echelons of society.  May be I can buy my kids into Yale one day.

don't bet on it. it's all smoke-and-mirrors conspiracy, dawg.

SH

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 07:17:46 PM »

don't bet on it. it's all smoke-and-mirrors conspiracy, dawg.

no she can do it, just make sure your husband marries your adoptive daughter, and make SURE he is famous, and do NOT forget you have to be famous as well...so start stalking would-be (will-be) star pedophiles/criminals (like Britney Spears' husband). (for future representation in court ofcourse)

ryanjm

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 12:21:55 PM »
I thought he got in because of his parents as well, but look at his stats you tards. 3.93? That's good. And he's 16. Yes, he's had experiences most of you haven't had because of his parents and their money, but the fact remains that he has the stats to get in, and the extras to boost him over the top. It's not an elitist conspiracy that gave him a 3.93 and a good lsat.

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 01:13:01 PM »

Yes, but what is the probability that those other kids' parents will donate $5 million to the school? Who said there was a meritocracy in this country? Performance is often the result of privilege.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 01:49:06 PM »
I thought he got in because of his parents as well, but look at his stats you tards. 3.93? That's good. And he's 16. Yes, he's had experiences most of you haven't had because of his parents and their money, but the fact remains that he has the stats to get in, and the extras to boost him over the top. It's not an elitist conspiracy that gave him a 3.93 and a good lsat.

First off, we don't know what his LSAT was.  We don't know if it sucked, or if it was great.  So we really can't assume anything.

That said, it does seem funny that celebrity kids tend to get into top schools more easily. 

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 01:52:01 PM »

Yes, but what is the probability that those other kids' parents will donate $5 million to the school? Who said there was a meritocracy in this country? Performance is often the result of privilege.

Actually, privilege is generally the result of performance. Keep in mind that most wealthy families today didn't come to this country with anything -- someone had to accomplish something along the way.  Woody Allen himself certainly wasn't born wealthy.

For what it's worth, this country is certainly far more meritocratic than any other.

Served

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 09:36:38 AM »
no she can do it, just make sure your husband marries your adoptive daughter, and make SURE he is famous, and do NOT forget you have to be famous as well...so start stalking would-be (will-be) star pedophiles/criminals (like Britney Spears' husband). (for future representation in court ofcourse)

I find your comment amazingly fascinating!  What part of my comment led you to believe I was female?  I guess that's a bit rhetorical because I already know.  More people could buy their kids into school if they simply planned for it.  I would think that for the average big law attorney, $1Mil saved over 18 years shouldn't be that difficult, especially if they made partner for a few of those years.  In some cultures many parents think about these things even before they have kids, and plan their own jobs accordingly.

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 10:17:21 AM »
maybe he's on LSN  ;D

Maybe's he's on LSD.  Maybe he's reading this thread right now.