Law School Discussion

Your Favorite Website?

NathanB

ningirl

• View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Website?
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 09:10:50 PM »
I also loooove Google. It used to be Yahoo, but Google is where it's going on.

If anyone wants a gmail acount, I have like 45 invites left. Send me a pm with your e-mail if you want one.  :)

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 09:11:15 PM »
Ask _T_

wrong type.

Why?

oh, ok sorry didn't know.  I'm sure there some pics for you, even though girls are present.

NathanB

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 09:12:06 PM »
Yeah, GMAIL is the greatest thing since sliced bread - easy, simple interface and NO ads at the bottom of the screen.

I also loooove Google. It used to be Yahoo, but Google is where it's going on.

If anyone wants a gmail acount, I have like 45 invites left. Send me a pm with your e-mail if you want one. :)

NathanB

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 09:12:27 PM »
Oh, and I have like 50 invites too

happy to share.

ningirl

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 09:14:51 PM »
Gmail is definitely sweet. Neverending space. I love the interface also.

J D

• Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 09:15:27 PM »
www.salon.com

Hey, if all these right-wingers can go for Rush and Fox News, I don't see why it would be so objectionable for me to go with a news source that leans center-to-left.  They tend to put quite a bit of analysis and interpretation (or, if you prefer, "opinion") into their news stories, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing (as long as the analysis and the argument is adequately supported).  I think they do pretty good work.  At least they usually have named sources with which to back up their claims and quotes; that's one thing that really bugs me about many of the stories coming off the wires.  Besides, their movie and book/culture reviews are GREAT!  ;)

NathanB

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 09:15:55 PM »
Yeah, its really easy to reply and stuff, and I like the "discussion board" approach w/ stacking the e-mails and stuff.

smart people, those google guys.

Nathan

NathanB

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 09:17:54 PM »
Another cool google thing is the way you can see pics of different places.

For example, you can go to google maps, find a map to your house (or whereever), hit image, and it shows you a satellite photo of it.

You can also find the statue of liberty, white house, etc.  Its really cool.

I'll post some links tomorrow if I think about it to some "american landmarks" on the google maps.  don't have 'em w/ me right now.

ningirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 09:20:45 PM »
Yeah, its really easy to reply and stuff, and I like the "discussion board" approach w/ stacking the e-mails and stuff.

smart people, those google guys.

Nathan

Funny story:

About a year or so ago, when Google was already in full swing, my boyfriend's boss comes up to him and she was like... "Those guys who created Google are going to make a lot of money some day." He was like... "OK.."

(Well it was funnier when he told it :D)