Law School Discussion

Laptop Comparison (Dell 600m v 700m)

Re: Laptop Comparison (Dell 600m v 700m)
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2005, 09:02:33 AM »
I don't fully agree with this statement. A little experience (which you seem to be implying I don't have -- interesting for someone who doesn't know me at all) with a few different vendors helps one to understand that there are differences between products from different vendors, and between product lines from the same vendors. If I were to do this over again, I'd most likely have done things differently, based on my little experience.

Didn't mean to offend you so badly, or make any assumptions about your PC purchasing and management experience.  The point I wanted to make was that at the level that a college student will be purchasing laptops (1, maybe 2 during LS), I would caution against thinking that the likelihood of you having hardware problems with the machine is related to which brand of laptop you buy, especially if you are basing that decision on anecdotal evidence from individuals on a discussion board.  Hearing of individual's experiences is helpful, however take it for what it's worth.