Law School Discussion

WUSTL Wait List

Re: WUSTL Wait List
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 10:48:17 PM »
I got off the WL already with a 159/3.85.  My best friend got off as well with a 153/4.2.  So it seems like they might be going for GPAs, if that helps anyone.  All the WL admits on LSN from April/May (the really early ones, i think, are people who put WL instead of deferred because no one gets WL'd that early) are high GPAs with so-so LSATs.

soupnazi

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 12:06:32 PM »
wow, just got an email saying I got in.  I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 01:18:34 PM »
If you don't mind sharing what are you numbers?

wow, just got an email saying I got in.  I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go.

soupnazi

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 01:40:29 PM »
2.2 /166

(basically flunked out of school as an engineer, came back as Econ got around a 3.2 with new major)

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 01:43:50 PM »
WUSTL is definitely going after the high LSAT score to try and raise their ranking.

Just goes to show that letter that all the deans sign about the U.S. News rankings rag is a load a of b.s.

2.2 /166

(basically flunked out of school as an engineer, came back as Econ got around a 3.2 with new major)

soupnazi

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 01:54:59 PM »
WUSTL is definitely going after the high LSAT score to try and raise their ranking.

Just goes to show that letter that all the deans sign about the U.S. News rankings rag is a load a of b.s.

2.2 /166

all the people taken off the waitlist in may were high gpa people with lower LSAT's.  I'm guessing for June wait-lists they base it on openings from people that didn't send in second deposits.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 02:27:13 PM »

2.2 /166

all the people taken off the waitlist in may were high gpa people with lower LSAT's.  I'm guessing for June wait-lists they base it on openings from people that didn't send in second deposits.

you have a 2.2 GPA?!?! wtf!  i cant even believe WUSTL...ridiculous.

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
Yeah, that really is f-ing ridiculous. Just goes to show you that busting your ass for multiple (difficult) majors and finishing college early with a very respectable GPA get you a big stick in the ass from schools looking to game the rankings.

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 05:48:05 PM »
Soup,
What other schools are you considering?

Its funny I called the WUSTL admissions office (I didn't give my name) just said I was on the wait-list and wanted to see if there was any update.  The admissions person told me that they were "over-deposited" and had not gone to the waitlist yet.

I guess that's the standard company line for most schools.

Why do they put us through this sh*t?!?

2.2 /166

soupnazi

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 06:02:20 PM »
Soup,
What other schools are you considering?

Its funny I called the WUSTL admissions office (I didn't give my name) just said I was on the wait-list and wanted to see if there was any update.  The admissions person told me that they were "over-deposited" and had not gone to the waitlist yet.

I guess that's the standard company line for most schools.

Why do they put us through this sh*t?!?

2.2 /166

I'm going to WUSTL for sure. I think most schools are shady like that when it comes to WL 's.  What I think helped me was being in constant contact with the admissions staff. I let them know that WUSTL was my number 1 school, and I sent them an email every two weeks or so saying I was still very interested and pointing out various things about the school that I liked.  WUSTL has a reputation for gaming admissions and I realize that could quite possibly be the reason I got in, but I think being in constant contact with them definitely helped. 

Good luck