Law School Discussion

And the plot thickens...PSU-Syracuse-Seton Hall

And the plot thickens...PSU-Syracuse-Seton Hall
« on: May 08, 2005, 08:09:45 PM »
Aaah, just when i thought i was happy with possibly going to Syracuse or Dickinson, Seton Hall pulls out with an acceptance into the part-time program.  Any thought?  Should i attend Seton Hall part time, or go full time to one of the others?  I am torn!  All three have their advantages.

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
Re: And the plot thickens...PSU-Syracuse-Seton Hall
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:13:18 PM »
If money is not a factor, my particular preference would be Syracuse. But i don't know what you want to practice and where you want to work.

ccorsi

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 08:18:56 PM »
Aaah, just when i thought i was happy with possibly going to Syracuse or Dickinson, Seton Hall pulls out with an acceptance into the part-time program.  Any thought?  Should i attend Seton Hall part time, or go full time to one of the others?  I am torn!  All three have their advantages.

Boils down to where you want to work.  Upstate NY - go to Syracuse.  NJ with an outside shot at NYC - SH.  PA - obviously Penn State.

Need to figure out where you want to live.

C2

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 10:12:23 AM »
There is lies the problem.  This would be so much easier if i didn't have a fiance to worry about.  But she seems willing to move to Jersey.  Hmm...well i am visiting SH on Thursday, maybe i will know more by then.  Thanks!

ccorsi

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 05:05:34 PM »
There is lies the problem.  This would be so much easier if i didn't have a fiance to worry about.  But she seems willing to move to Jersey.  Hmm...well i am visiting SH on Thursday, maybe i will know more by then.  Thanks!

Hey kilroy - I am going as well on Thursday.

Email me your real name so I will at least know one person there.

C2

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 09:02:48 PM »
Well... in this case I think you might quite like Seton Hall. Syracuse is just so far away from everything.  So is Carlisle Pennsylvania.  I used to work at a backpacking camp about a half hour from Carlisle and trust me, it's out of the way.  I hear University Park is going to have some of the law students on its campus soon.  But if I were you I'd be nervous about how the transition to UPark is going to go.  Plus, that's hardly better than Carlisle. 

I visited Seton Hall (although I didn't apply) and was really impressed with the facility and the students seemed to love the school (I talked to a few).

So my vote would be for Seton Hall part time -- especially given your fiance.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 09:40:26 PM »
My vote would be for SH as well. I went up there and visited and was more impressed with their facilities than with any other school I checked out. Only downfalls were the neighborhood left something to be desired, (or at least I felt, but then again im going to temple so the neighborhood couldn't make that much of a difference) and they were all yankees fans.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 10:53:59 AM »
haha . i'm a huge red sox fan and speaking of yankee fans when i went to syracuse they were all yankee fans there too!

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 10:58:57 AM »
then that makes the decision easy, goto psu...and the worst you will have to deal with is phils fans and pirates fans. and both teams suck so no worries. (wouldn't it be great if all decisions could be made based on sporting interest)

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 12:42:06 PM »
I just might have to go to PSU based on that.  I am a HUGE Red Sox fan, and I am not sure I could handle being around all of those damn Yankees fans!  Phillies and Pirates fans are easy to handle, they are so used to losing they aren't too bad.