Law School Discussion

College Football

ASNetlenov

Re: College Football
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2005, 06:22:17 AM »
Is Shaun King even in the NFL anymore?

USC's victory over Iowa a few years ago was convincing. Notre Dame does not count as a decent team even. Cal did not prove to be a legitimate number two in the conference, thus the shallow Pac 10 looks even worse. The Pac 10 is comprable to the Citadel. OK, maybe it's not that bad.

Btw, I saw that Joe Hamilton is playing in NFL Europe. Now there was a great college QB.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2005, 06:26:03 AM »
Joe Hamilton WAS great. So weird how college greats often don't translate to the pros.

The Bucs dumped Shaun King two seasons ago and it seems like someone else picked him up but I doubt they still have him since I have not heard of him playing.  ???

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2005, 06:26:59 AM »
FSU is playing the Citadel this year as their "scrimmage" game. After Miami. What a downshift that is going to be.  ::)

ASNetlenov

« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2005, 07:50:14 AM »
That FSU v. Citadel game should be a classic trip to the woodshed.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2005, 07:52:03 AM »
I love it. Everyone needs one. Especially after opening the season vs Miami!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2005, 07:54:13 AM »
We always have a cupcake for homecoming. It's too bad they don't schedule a real team for that weekend and leave the cupcake for another time. I'd rather go back to see a good game than a blowout.

« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2005, 07:56:14 AM »
Yeah. I don't care what anyone says. There is NOTHING like southern football.

you've never been to buckeyeland, nothing like that

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2005, 07:59:28 AM »
Oh me too. I would not attend the Citadel game. But since it looks like we will have a rookie QB, I will take a game like that in order to get him some more game time with little to no pressure. I know what you mean about cupcake games for homecoming. We normally do that to. But I never go for Homecoming. Too many people in town. My friends and I made a pact to go to either the Miami game or the Florida game every year, which ever was in Tally that year. This year it is Miami. Last time I traveled to Tally for a Miami game not only did we blow a lead and lose but I had to stand in the pouring rain with no poncho. It SUCKED. And then the UF game this year... I think I am bad luck. Oh well.
Last year Wake scheduled us as their Homecoming game. What a dumb idea. Though it ended up being a close game. But still... ???

ASNetlenov

« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2005, 08:11:04 AM »
I just want to make the Va Tech and Maryland games. UNC is another good one to catch but it is not worth going to Chapel Hill anymore now that I am fairly far removed from college.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2005, 08:13:12 AM »
And you have to go to the rivarly games because if it is a great game and your teams wins, you would not (should not) be able to forgive yourself for missing it.