Law School Discussion

College Football

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: College Football
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2005, 06:49:27 AM »
Hey. Don't be too hard on Va Tech for NC State. They are the upset kings of the ACC. I should know.  ;)

ASNetlenov

« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2005, 08:30:57 AM »
USC is a very good team. They will not be historic until they regularly survive brutal schedules. They have the talen to do so potentially, but we'll never know.

Virginia Tech was a decent team that played very well for the second half of the season. They overachieved at the end in the same way they had underachieved the previous two seasons. I doubt they will be that impressive this year because I don't believe Marcus Vick is good. I could be wrong, but it is much more likely that he will end up in jail before that is proven to be the case.

Anyone have a favorite for the ACC? I'm thinking FSU is due this year because Miami has been gradually declining under Coker.

« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2005, 08:44:21 AM »
USC is a very good team. They will not be historic until they regularly survive brutal schedules. They have the talen to do so potentially, but we'll never know.

Virginia Tech was a decent team that played very well for the second half of the season. They overachieved at the end in the same way they had underachieved the previous two seasons. I doubt they will be that impressive this year because I don't believe Marcus Vick is good. I could be wrong, but it is much more likely that he will end up in jail before that is proven to be the case.

Anyone have a favorite for the ACC? I'm thinking FSU is due this year because Miami has been gradually declining under Coker.

I agree about USC...it's easy to be on top of your game at the end of the season when you play nobody all year. They could have put their second stringers in the game and still probably won most of their regular season games. While they are an impressive football team, they will never be historic until they schedule some decent non-conference competition. You're not going to be considered among the greatest teams in college football if your season consists of Hawaii, Arkansas, a Notre Dame team that needs work, and a weak Pac-10. However, I do see them losing focus and dropping a game during the regular season. I'd love for them to schedule a game against Iowa, or another Big-Ten defense-oriented team.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2005, 09:41:46 AM »

I do! I do!

But I am a little bias...

Plus, our QB situation and having to start the season vs. Miami are a little troublesome.

But then there is Bobby (always reliable) and Washington and Booker and our defense (also always reliable) and Mickey and Doak. So there are some things on my side.  ;D

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2005, 10:44:31 AM »
FSU is going to be solid. I think opening versus Miami is better than playing them later in the season since they will be getting a new QB in to learn the ropes. FSU should win the ACC, though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.  Here is a real question for all you football fans: Will any of you actually have any time to watch the games during school?

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2005, 10:50:24 AM »
Oh I will find the time. If I do nothing else but study and watch football, so be it. But I will take my free time on Saturdays. Plus, most of the people I have spoken to said you have plenty of free time. Except before exams. You read a lot but not 12 hrs a day. Again, except during exams. I am also in 3 fantasy leagues. One set up by my incoming LS class! I must have my football or school will be a no go  ;)

Faure

• Meow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2005, 10:58:37 AM »
College fantasy football? If so, where do I sign up?

Do you think Leon Washington is going to run against everyone like he did in the gator bowl versus WVU? 

ASNetlenov

« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2005, 11:03:21 AM »
Washington will not run as well as he did against WVU for the entire season, especially if the QB situation is not resolved.

I will certainly make time to attend the games in person. In fact, I need to buy some season tickets for this year.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2005, 11:04:06 AM »
No. Pro. Which sucks but it is fun to sh*t talk anyway. Plus I like to keep up with all the college players in the NFL. McGahee is REALLY highly ranks preseason. Pretty cool.

I think Washington and Booker together are going to be the best RB team in college football this year. And, as was proven somewhat last year, if one goes down, the other can pick up the slack. I am really looking forward to how this is going to work out. B/c if they live up to their potential this year, it will take pressure off the QB and give one or both of the young guys a light year to get used to playing with out having to throw a lot down the field. But that may not work out. I really hope it does. We are due a good year. Finally rid of Rix and I think Bobby is going to take some play calling power away from Jeff (thank god) so we may have the ability to actually do something this year. Maybe. I have lost some faith in the last couple years but with Rix out of the picture I feel like we are starting all over.

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2005, 11:05:49 AM »
Oh and as far as games in person I plan to go to all or almost all of them. I am already going to the FSU/UM game. Don't know how I am going to make it back to school in time (it is on a Monday) but it is a pact btw some of my college buddies and I so I will find a way. Watching Wake ball will not be as good but at least I get to watch some ACC in person.  ;D