Law School Discussion

Houston Roll Call

BigTex

• View Profile
Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2005, 11:23:02 AM »
I clocked my time to UH and it's a straight shot of 10-20 minutes depending on traffic...and I don't have to get on a freeway!

get a moped and actually enjoy your commute!

htrus

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2005, 12:17:28 PM »
My place is just between Westheimer and I-10, just off of Chimney Rock. Also, just purchased the Dell laptop using the UH link. Will let you know how it turns out.

« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2005, 05:17:38 PM »
My place is just between Westheimer and I-10, just off of Chimney Rock. Also, just purchased the Dell laptop using the UH link. Will let you know how it turns out.

Was it easy to make the purchase? I haven't done this yet. I'll probably purchase a few weeks before school starts. . .

Yea!  I've found a place in Houston.  It's a little guest house that's about a block off of Westheimer in the Montrose area.  I can walk to coffee shops, vintage stores, and a bazillion restaurants (not to mention several tattoo and body piercing places  :D ).  I clocked my time to UH and it's a straight shot of 10-20 minutes depending on traffic...and I don't have to get on a freeway!  Yea!
Okay, I was just excited and had to post somewhere.  Where is everyone else living?

Congrats on finding a place. It sounds great! You'll be close to Traci. I just stayed with her for the past couple of days and her apartment is awesome. From where I'll be living I'm about 25 minutes from you guys. :)

« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2005, 11:40:48 AM »
For anyone looking to get a place with roommates, my friend is leasing out this awesome apt. Here's how he describes it:

Hey! I have to lease out a 3 bedroom/2 bath
townhome in the medcenter area. It is by
Southmore and Almeda. It is $1300 dollars plus
utilities. It is perfect for college kids, who want to
live a bit nicer than older Holly Hall places. You get
security system, stucco exterior, gated, 2 covered
parking spaces, wood floors, ceramic tile in
kitchen and bathroom, fridge. There is a
downstairs living room, and upstairs sitting room
too.

It's acutally more a duplex, his place is attached, and they're a professional guys, so you don't have to worry about noise. He will be a PT 2L in the fall, and in the day he works at goldman sachs, he redid the place himself and it is awesome. Everything is totally brand new. Just PM me if interested.

htrus

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2005, 07:40:43 AM »

Was it easy to make the purchase? I haven't done this yet. I'll probably purchase a few weeks before school starts. . .

Very easy, just went through the UH Website under laptop requirement, they have a link to Dell that will give you UH price. Takes about 15 minutes. One other note, it looks like it will take about two weeks to get to me by the time the order is fullfilled and shipped, so you will want at least that much lead time before school.

« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2005, 07:52:01 AM »
anastasia- I live just off of studemont, montrose turns into studemont once you cross allen parkway, and i live right after the montrose/allen parkway intersection.  when do you move in?

« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2005, 07:59:03 AM »
htrus- did you get any add-ons for your laptop or did you order the straigth set-up?  I'm curious if there are any additional options that are worth puchasing, or if I should just go with the exact configuration the purchasing link takes me to...

htrus

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2005, 08:09:24 AM »
I just ordered the straight set-up. I currently have the Dell Latitude 600 with a similar setup at work, and seems to allow me to do everything I want to do. I do not think it will come with the Microsoft Office Suite, but according to the Website you can buy it for $21 from Cougar Byte. Once as it comes, I will take a look at it before making the additional purchase.

htrus

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2005, 08:47:36 AM »
On another note, I caught a very interesting discussion this weekend between Stephen Reinhardt and Alex Kozinski who both serve on U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit. The moderator was Kenneth Starr of Whitewater fame and now the Dean of the Pepperdine Law School. Given the reputation of the 9th Circuit, it made for an interesting mix. The topics were the recent Supreme Court Medical Marijuana case as well as several other recent decisions. 

If you want to catch it to satisfy a pre-Law School fix, you can view on www.cspan.org under the America & the Courts series. 

where2g0

« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2005, 09:00:08 AM »
I just ordered the straight set-up. I currently have the Dell Latitude 600 with a similar setup at work, and seems to allow me to do everything I want to do. I do not think it will come with the Microsoft Office Suite, but according to the Website you can buy it for $21 from Cougar Byte. Once as it comes, I will take a look at it before making the additional purchase.

Is it worth the extra $32 to upgrade to the 80G hard drive from the 60Gig?  It seems as though it would be.