Law School Discussion

Houston Roll Call

Re: Houston Roll Call
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2005, 09:56:06 AM »
I have a couple of questions about Enrollment Services Online?

For those who already did loan counseling and processing through "Loans by Web," how long did it take for your "Offer Status" to change? I did my counseling and processing last night and my "Offer Status" still says "Go to Loans by Web." However, when log in to the site for processing it says I have no loans that need processing right now.

Also, my expected graduation date on the main financial aid page is listed as unknown? Did anyone else not have to do anything to change this to 5/2008?

Is there anything else I need to do to secure my loans other than the online stuff through Enrollment Services Online? Also, do I need to return my financial aid award letter from UH to tell them that I accepted all my aid, or is everything done electronically?

Thanks for you help.

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2005, 08:29:02 PM »
Hey Houston-ites! I just reached my 1000th post! Wahoo. Celebration . . . or embarassment.

« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2005, 11:48:56 AM »
Just wanted to say hey.  New to the site, attending UHLC in August.   

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2005, 01:01:30 PM »
UH2005- Welcome!  We have an outside of LSD email group going.  If you'd like to joing, send your info to scurvy wench; she's graciously coordinating our addresses.

« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2005, 01:04:21 PM »
patrick- I did everything exactly as you say you've done, and I phoned L.Neal to verify that was all I needed to do, she said yes.  There is no need to send in the UH acceptance letter, it is for your records.  However, my expected graduation date on the UH site is 05/2008.  I didn't do anything to make it that way, it just was.  You may want to contact L Neal to make sure everything is ok with your status...if you do contact anyone, will you please let us know what they say?

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2005, 09:17:42 PM »
I'm realizing that I need to work for the 6 weeks between arriving in Houston and starting LS. Anyone know of any good temp agencies? Or do you need a temp at any of your jobs? I'm a hard worker, a writer by profession, type 100+ wpm, don't mind filing or answering phones as long as I get paid. Anyone?

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2005, 03:40:33 PM »
patrick- I did everything exactly as you say you've done, and I phoned L.Neal to verify that was all I needed to do, she said yes.  There is no need to send in the UH acceptance letter, it is for your records.  However, my expected graduation date on the UH site is 05/2008.  I didn't do anything to make it that way, it just was.  You may want to contact L Neal to make sure everything is ok with your status...if you do contact anyone, will you please let us know what they say?

Thanks for your info. I contacted her and she made the correction to 5/31/2008.

« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2005, 10:25:22 AM »
bump.

For those of you who didn't have this from Traci's post on an earlier thread, here's the linke for UH outlines.

http://www.uhoutlines.com/

http://www.members.aol.com/djmcarter/uhlc.html

where2g0

« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2005, 06:06:51 AM »
Well, UH finally came through with a little scholarship $ for my 3.7/162.  It was quite a surprise coming this late, but I received the letter on Saturday and it was dated the May 26th.  Dean's Scholarship.

So that pretty much seals the deal.  Sending letter to Baylor this week to give up my seat.

« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2005, 08:37:57 PM »
Well, UH finally came through with a little scholarship $ for my 3.7/162.  It was quite a surprise coming this late, but I received the letter on Saturday and it was dated the May 26th.  Dean's Scholarship.

So that pretty much seals the deal.  Sending letter to Baylor this week to give up my seat.

Wow! Congratulations!

And you didn't really want to be in Waco anyway. :)