Law School Discussion

Transfering to aT1 or T2

Transfering to aT1 or T2
« on: April 06, 2008, 08:25:45 AM »
I'm currently at T4, no not Cooley, ranked exactly top 25% (3.2 gpa). Other considerations...URM (not African American),lsat between 149-151, low UGPA. My wife is getting killed in the market we are in, we need to move to a bigger city w/ more openings in her field. Additionally after looking at yahoo transferapps, and other websites I think I can get into atleast a Tier 2 school. I wanted to list out some schools and get an idea of which schools could happen. I'll probably apply to 10-12 schools from this list.

Pitt
Villanova
Temple
George Mason
George Washington
American
Catholic
Boston College
Northeastern
Maine
UCONN
Depaul
Kent
Notre Dame (just for shits and giggles, you never know)
Maryland
Seton Hall
Penn State
Rutgers

Re: Transfering to aT1 or T2
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 08:53:24 AM »
GW/BC probably not.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:19:13 AM »
GW/BC probably not.

Long shots for sure.

GW takes a ton of transfers according to LSAC.org which is why I'm thinking it is worth a shot.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:47:59 AM »
true, they definitely do.  Its unlikely, but, you significantly increase your earning potential if you are fortunate enough to get in, so its definitely worth the gamble.  I would apply to any school on that list that you would be interested in attending, regardless of your shot of getting in, and maybe add some more.

I would take Maine off the list though, its located in Maine :) Maine=too damn cold.