Law School Discussion

OCI writing sample

wardwilliams

OCI writing sample
« on: July 31, 2007, 05:15:25 AM »
How many pages is to long when the employer doesn't specify. My LRW brief is about 25 pages double-spaced. It is my best piece of writing; is that too long?

p0six

• View Profile
Re: OCI writing sample
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 06:25:14 AM »
I've heard anything from 8-12 pages is about right.  Mine will probably be 12 + cover sheet.

wardwilliams

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 06:33:11 AM »
I've heard anything from 8-12 pages is about right.  Mine will probably be 12 + cover sheet.

What's the cover sheet?

p0six

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 07:25:05 AM »
Well, I had to heavily edit my paper, taking out the facts and stuff.  So the cover sheet is supposed to give a brief overview of the context of the paper, I think.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:27 AM »
Is the cover sheet formatted like a letter?

p0six

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 07:41:34 AM »
This is what my CSO's thinger on writing samples has to say on it:

Just as you attached a cover letter to accompany your resume, you should also prepare a
cover sheet to go along with your writing sample.  A cover sheet should provide the
reader with some context about the writing sample, as well as other relevant information. 
A good cover sheet may include the following elements: 

If the writing sample is an excerpt of a larger work, provide a brief (one or two
paragraph) summary and relevant background information on the legal issue that
the writing sample will address; 

The original purpose of the writing sample, the date on which it was written and
the person/entity for whom the sample was originally drafted; and 

A brief explanation of the nature of any confidential information that may have
been redacted (such as factual information to protect client confidentiality).   

Oh, and FYI: don't forget to put your name on the paper :)

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 08:51:21 AM »
Need writing help for your law topic which you have to submit in college? Just visit https://legit-essay-writing.services/essay-writing-services-legal and here you will find the best essay writing services by legal experts as per your choice. You just need to visit the website and choose the service you want to avail as per your requirements and here you go. You will be provided by the full-fledged essay/assignment within time as per your target.