Law School Discussion

Live alone or have a roommate?

Re: Live alone or have a roommate?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 10:51:59 AM »
Well, it looks like the majority of those already in LS say live alone. I think the pollg can reasonably be closed now. good luck anyway.

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 10:17:11 PM »
If you're moving to a new area, I'd definitely say "live alone" for the first year.  My living situation (off campus apt, 1 roommate) turned out to be complete hell.  It entirely screwed up my first semester and is still affecting me now emotionally, financially, and academically.  Suck up the loans and just do it.  Once you get to know the area and people better, then find a roommate.  Believe me, 1L is NOT the time that you want roommate sh*t going down  ::)

I used to be an extrovert that loved Craig's List, but now...  :'(

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »
I just found a cute little ass for a roommate!  8)

latinlord

• Attorney at Law in Philadelphia Law Firm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 02:54:07 PM »
Well I got a roomate, but my apt is soo big that it is basically 2 separate apt, with two separate bathrooms!! So i think it will be worth the cut in cost. Also my roomate is a new 1L Law student just like me, so we are both going through the same sh*t. I like having company, I concider myself a quiet guy unless I get to know you. And I really don't like being alone all the time. Maybe i'm really not mature enough to have my own apt. yet. But hopefully soon, I would like to have that kind of independance, i'm just scared of feeling isolated and lonely. I hope this year works out well all the same.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »
Looks like I will be headed to Indiana-Indy this fall, im debating whether or not I should live in the graduate dorms (single) or get an apartment off campus.  I figure that I could save a lot of money living off campus, but I dont wanna deal with paying bills every month, buying furniture, and the possibility of dealing with a subpar landlord.  The was I see it, I taking out thousands in loans, whats 5,000 extra gonna hurt to stay on campus??