Law School Discussion

The paperwork

The paperwork
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:36:46 AM »
For those of you who transferred, how did you go about actually getting the application, transcripts, LORs, etc to the new school?

I've read of a few people who simply sent everything they could to the law school, bypassing LSDAS. Anyone willing to offer their advice on the purely procedural elements of this process?

If I have to do LSDAS again, what do I need to do? I've somehow forgotten everything that I did in my original application process.

Thanks,
2-

Re: The paperwork
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 10:16:15 PM »
I used LSAC for my LOR's.  I think the trick is to line them up early, so if/when LSAC loses them there's enough time to resend them. 

All the other stuff you can get from school websites, just open the PDF, fill it out, and mail it in with your PS, and Check, and financial aid application.  The only additional hassle is the enrollment certification required by most schools, which the registrar of your 1L school has to mail in. 

Basically this is almost no different from the regular admissions process, except you're working with a much shorter time frame, so your entire app cycle is compressed into something like 6 weeks instead of 3-4 months.  This means you need to be a little more proactive about things like making sure you're complete at your schools, making sure your LOR writers are staying on the ball, etc.  If you sit around and wait for the school to send you a postcard saying "We need X," you can end up missing the first round of admissions (which in the transfer season may be the ONLY round).