Law School Discussion

prestige

Budlaw

• View Profile
Re: prestige
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2006, 11:19:12 PM »
How do you know clients do? Oh wait that's right...you post on this borad and the "kid" board like you know everything....

Let me guess... it's because you've went through OCI?

i'm a bit obsessed with prestige, so can someone tell me if i were to go to transfer to a t14 school after 1 year would people still consider my degree as prestigous as it would normally be or will people look at me as a "second-class" graduate of said law school?

I know two different individuals who transferred. One transferred from UNLV to GULC. The other from American to Northwestern. They have both done very well for themselves. I don't think that firms will think less of you for having transferred. In fact, it shows them that you are willing to compete with ppl of "superior" capabilities. (While I don't think that the T14s necessarily have "superior" abilities, firms do b/c clients do).

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 03:37:46 PM »
why so angry?  if she's wrong what do you care?

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 08:35:51 PM »
yeah you're right, i doubt i will transfer, i think i will get into schools i consider "good enough" and i would much rather stay at the same school for all 3 years.  too bad i didnt get into every t-14 there is like you mr. galt.

Budlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 10:07:04 AM »
why so angry?  if she's wrong what do you care?

I don't know to be honest with you. There's just something about her posts that bother me....I just hate "know-it-alls" I guess.