Law School Discussion

prestige

lipper

• View Profile
Re: prestige
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 02:22:42 PM »
it's not that we don't care about prestige. It's what constitutes prestige. And the value we place on what we think is "prestiguous". The fact you can't even comprehend this makes you not only a naive person, but just a dumba$$. Hope your finals go well.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2005, 02:37:26 PM »
i'm a bit obsessed with prestige, so can someone tell me if i were to go to transfer to a t14 school after 1 year would people still consider my degree as prestigous as it would normally be or will people look at me as a "second-class" graduate of said law school?

Does any more need to be said?

Budlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 03:22:33 PM »
How did i cross the line?  by admiting i care about prestige?
How am I obsessing?  by posting a question I genuinely did not know the answer to on this board?
Judging by people's reactions i guess i hit a nerve, in my future career i'll just pretend i dont care about prestige like everyone else does.

If I were you I'd stop obsessing about prestige, and start obsessing about how to order encyte. (because you can always transfer schools to increase the "prestige of your degree" but there's not much you can do to increase the "prestige" of other things)

Here's a helpful link:

www.enzyte-male-enhancement.com 

Good luck!

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 04:30:53 PM »
what a bunch of hyper-sensitive losers.  the prestige of your school is important to your career, so it's ridiculous not to care about it or pretend you dont care about it or pretend you have some morally superior conception of prestige which is better than everyone elses.

lipper

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2005, 05:54:37 PM »
what a bunch of hyper-sensitive losers.  the prestige of your school is important to your career, so it's ridiculous not to care about it or pretend you dont care about it or pretend you have some morally superior conception of prestige which is better than everyone elses.

this post only shows that you are missing the point. refer to above posts then proceed to slit ur throat.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2005, 08:26:13 PM »
i dont understand what you're talking about, you need to explain it to me.

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2005, 11:39:27 AM »
i'm a bit obsessed with prestige, so can someone tell me if i were to go to transfer to a t14 school after 1 year would people still consider my degree as prestigous as it would normally be or will people look at me as a "second-class" graduate of said law school?

I know two different individuals who transferred. One transferred from UNLV to GULC. The other from American to Northwestern. They have both done very well for themselves. I don't think that firms will think less of you for having transferred. In fact, it shows them that you are willing to compete with ppl of "superior" capabilities. (While I don't think that the T14s necessarily have "superior" abilities, firms do b/c clients do).

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 01:26:02 AM »
Excellent thread, hank.

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2006, 09:39:04 PM »
i'd already read that thread hank but thanks for it anyway.  some people took my post as an opportunity to get on their moral high horse but i only care so much about where i go because firms care so much about it and i want to keep my options open in terms of where i can work.