Law School Discussion

Urgent Spring Transfer Question

Urgent Spring Transfer Question
« on: July 30, 2005, 12:03:54 AM »
Currently, I am a full-time student in the top 10% of my class at Baylor University. I started my studies in the Spring of 2005 (this past semester) so I only have 15 hours of credit. Now I understand that a number of law schools admit Spring transfer students as long as they have 30 hours of credit. My question is, do I have a serious shot of transferring to higher ranked law schools of which admit in the Spring, because it is very likely that my Fall of 2005 grades will not come in before classes for higher ranked universities begin? Most likely I will not receive all of my Fall of 2005 grades until mid February. Will law schools just look at my first semester? Am I just spinning my wheels? Are the spring transfers geared towards PT students with 30 hours of documented graded credit? I ask because I am not a PT student, I am a full time student that started in the Spring. Any help is appreciated.
JT

Re: Urgent Spring Transfer Question
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 09:48:09 AM »
I am in the same boat.  All my inquiries were met with the same answer...you will have to sit out the spring semester if you want to transfer.  The only school that will do a conditional admit is Chicago-Kent.  While I think it is a great school you might be doing yourself a diservice by leaving Baylor while in the top 15%.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 04:56:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I found out that their are a number of higher ranked schools (T1 schools) which will admit students with 45 hours of credit or less (and not lose any of their credit).

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 07:56:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I found out that their are a number of higher ranked schools (T1 schools) which will admit students with 45 hours of credit or less (and not lose any of their credit).

care to share?