Law School Discussion

NW California?

Re: NW California?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 08:45:22 AM »
I also have been researching law schools and have picked NWCU has the best option for the $ but in a so competative proffession I wonder if I am doing the right thing?

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 09:47:32 PM »
I also have been researching law schools and have picked NWCU has the best option for the $ but in a so competative proffession I wonder if I am doing the right thing?

I learned about NWCU only after applying at Concord.
Picked Concord because it had the highest CA bar passing rate, and did not bother to look into other online schools.
The tuition, however, is much higher at Concord... almost 3 times higher than NWCU... and going up (no such thing as locking the tuition as in NWCU).
I guess transferring from one online school to another would not be a problem if needed.

BTW, how do I increase the font size?

sdlaw

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 03:22:13 PM »
I know in so cal the job market is extremelly competitive so I would warn those from non ABA schools to be carefull, I do not know of nor cal but can only assume it is the same. As I am sure you know cali does let non aba take the bar but just as some advice I would STRONGLY recomend going to an aba school.  Yes it is more money but unless you want to start your own practice it is the only way you will get a job

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 04:13:20 PM »
Hi all,

I'm looking for people who attend or have attended NWCU law school. I am  enrolling in a distance learning JD program to complement my nursing career and political activism. Does anybody here have any tips on the first year? 

Nurses are in such high demand and are among the most respectived people while political activists are viewed mostly as nut cases (eg Cindy Sheehan).  I would save your money on a fake degree trying to enter a profession that is cut throat and admittedly less liked than the nurses of the world. As for politics opinions are like well youve heard it