Law School Discussion

WTF Albany?

F05HOPEFUL

WTF Albany?
« on: March 24, 2005, 06:34:17 AM »
Dear Albany,

I am aware that Chiashu [sp?] only gives me a 25% chance of admission at your overly prestigious TTT.  However, I am a lone student on LSD who defends your name in times of slander.  I have been complete since October at your lovely institution, but I can't take the heartache anymore.  I thought that we were something special, different than those rankings whores!  I have come to my senses and realized you are a whore too!!!!  Damn you Albany for making me wait for your rejection.  Damn You!!!!!!  I told myself I wouldn't cry, but I find it harder each day I see you withdrawing from this relationship.  Just reject me you bastard!

Love Always,

F05HOPEFUL

MR2Tyler

• Vrroom.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WTF Albany?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 10:09:07 AM »
Is WTF Albany near SUNY Buffalo?

:-)

If I were you, I'd just send them some flowers and hope for the best.

-Ty

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 01:11:38 PM »
F05HOPEFUL - Hang in there....a friend of mine is currently a 2L at Albany...he got in with a 140/3.0 He didn't receive his acceptance until late May.  He loves it there.

Although...he is a URM...so that may have helped.

Good luck!!!

Atlas429

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 01:17:31 PM »
likebutta -

O/T but how/why did LSAC drop your cumulative gpa by 0.6? That seems pretty big to me.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 01:53:53 PM »
Reminds me to rescind my acceptance from Albany...would that help?

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 04:53:38 PM »
likebutta -

O/T but how/why did LSAC drop your cumulative gpa by 0.6? That seems pretty big to me.

-You know....i really don't know the answer to that question. I always just assumed it was one of two things...
1) I earned more credits at my first school than the second one.
or
2) My graduating institution wasn't as "competitive" as my first school and they factored that in somehow.

WTF!...now im angry ???   >:(

likebutta10

• My lil Ellie bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 06:29:21 AM »
oopps...i must have read that wrong....my LSDAS GPA was lower than my Graduating institution GPA b/c my graduating institution did not factor in my grades from the school I transferred from. My first school was 3.0 and the second was 3.81 ---factoring in the amount of credits that came from my first institution ---- hence my 3.29.

now....not so angry :)