Law School Discussion

WUSTL $$$

Re: WUSTL $$$
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 06:04:04 AM »
Wow - my scholarship offer came last night - $66,000 over 3 years ($22,000 a year).

Now what do I do.  I promised myself I'd go to the best school no matter what, but $66,000 is a lot of money.  Now I'm confused.

king

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 08:47:46 AM »
Got the letter today...but for only $24,000 total.

I got the same offer.  I am 171/3.1.  What are your numbers?  I am curious as to if they award funds based on a formula? 

Tonerockyhorror

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 08:54:58 AM »
Wow - my scholarship offer came last night - $66,000 over 3 years ($22,000 a year).

Now what do I do. I promised myself I'd go to the best school no matter what, but $66,000 is a lot of money. Now I'm confused.

Congrats. I got the letter for 60k last night and now I'm confused too. Umich would be great but 60k is a lot of money.

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2005, 09:43:11 AM »
Got the letter a couple of nights ago - $30k.  Definitely nice, but not enough.

How do they calculate these things?

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2005, 09:49:55 AM »

Now what do I do. I promised myself I'd go to the best school no matter what, but $66,000 is a lot of money. Now I'm confused.

Congrats. I got the letter for 60k last night and now I'm confused too. Umich would be great but 60k is a lot of money.

Congrats to you, too.  I know, it's confusing.  I'm pretty sure in the end I'll take the nest school over the money.  What are you thinking?

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2005, 10:47:47 AM »
Got the letter today...but for only $24,000 total.

I got the same offer.  I am 171/3.1.  What are your numbers?  I am curious as to if they award funds based on a formula? 

I'm mid 170s/<3.0

Tonerockyhorror

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2005, 12:53:17 PM »

Congrats to you, too. I know, it's confusing. I'm pretty sure in the end I'll take the nest school over the money. What are you thinking?

I'm almost positive I will still take Umich over the money. I don't even know if I will bother visiting to see if I like the school...there is just too big of a prestige and opportunities difference.

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 03:17:51 PM »

Congrats to you, too. I know, it's confusing. I'm pretty sure in the end I'll take the nest school over the money. What are you thinking?

I'm almost positive I will still take Umich over the money. I don't even know if I will bother visiting to see if I like the school...there is just too big of a prestige and opportunities difference.

yeah, thats why i withdrew from wustl in january.  i probably wouldn't go there over mich if wustl gave me a free ride (did you get the letter about applying for full-scholarships?  you had to get three letters of rec, write an essay, etc.).  i kinda wish i knew how much money i would have gotten, but i think i'm zen with my decision.

viva la michigan!  ;D

Tonerockyhorror

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 03:24:11 PM »
So I take it you are set on MIch now? No more interest in Duke or Cornell? I guess it is a bit easier a decision with 15k from Michigan...wish I at least got that.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2005, 04:39:35 PM »
So I take it you are set on MIch now? No more interest in Duke or Cornell? I guess it is a bit easier a decision with 15k from Michigan...wish I at least got that.

yeah, its $5K each year, just to clarify.  you might get it!  it seems that lots of people who have received the offer will probably go elsewhere which should free up some money.  some interest in duke or cornell, but i think since (a) mich gave me money and (b) there are so many things i like about it, i can't really go wrong!  i think michigan admit weekend will seal it for me.

edit: ugh, just saw that you finally got the duke rejection.  very sorry!  i enthusiastically recommend michigan instead.  ;)  and now i can't go to duke anyway, they were stupid enough to reject you!