Law School Discussion

LOW LSAT Score

Re: LOW LSAT Score
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2004, 01:26:12 PM »
This folder is intended to be a general discussion forum for non-traditional students, such as I. I suggest you take your ignorant and immature 25 year old self to an area of the site more suitable to your situation.

PSBU

It's not a folder, feminine hygiene product-nozzle, it's a thread...

So, basically, you have no f-ing clue what you are talking about. What a shock.

"LOW LSAT Score" is a thread in the general discussion forum for non-traditional students FOLDER.

Scroll up above this post, JACKA**!

XOXOXO

PSBU

P.S. I know you are, but what am I?

swifty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2004, 04:19:18 PM »
I had read, maybe in this thread, that practicing attornies really don't care where another attorney went to school.  When I was taking to mt friend, I asked what the hell happened to McGeorge? (a top 20 school at his time is now a tier 3) and he said he has no idea. I mentioned the rankings and he stopped me right there.  After it'a all said and done with, and you are a practcing attorney, what matters is how good an attorney you are, and the respect you earn from others.  He does admit that going to Yale or Harvard does offer more "options' to students as far as the job market, and even the amount of salary, but even if you went to an Ivy league school, you still need to earn the respect of others by showing just how good of an attorney you can be, or are.  Once practicing, your law school is at the bottom of the list of achievements.  Don't get me wrong though, I would love to go to Harvard, it's just not an "option."

P.S.  I was hoping the younger students wouldn't chime in especially if it's going to be insulting and worthless.  But, it's a free country, and a free to speak BBS, plus, I stir the *&^% on the other forums too :)

S.J.

• That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2004, 12:32:12 PM »

For those with ongoing LSAT issues, I have some tips on my website at www.PerfectLSAT.com

E-mail me if you want more.

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2006, 07:05:26 PM »
Hey guys,

I did the practice lsat on the official lsat website today and got a score of 150. I never did any practice before, what does this score reflect? I'm sure with the KAPLAN LSAT course next year, my score will go up. I'm a senior in college and have been considering Law school for my professional career. Let me know any advice!

-Emily
Hot Hispanic in College

latinlord

• Attorney at Law in Philadelphia Law Firm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »
Hey guys,

I did the practice lsat on the official lsat website today and got a score of 150. I never did any practice before, what does this score reflect? I'm sure with the KAPLAN LSAT course next year, my score will go up. I'm a senior in college and have been considering Law school for my professional career. Let me know any advice!

-Emily
Hot Hispanic in College

Wow a 150, that is a great start!! Plus your latina! como yo! that helps. I wouldn't recommend Kaplan, i took it, and my score didn't go up that much, I keep hearing that powerscore is the best. Also the real way to get your score up is to keep taking practice tests. It took me 2years to get into a law school! And from my numbers, probibly shouldn't have ended up where I did! But don't get me wrong, i still think i'm ivy league material,but still love it here. Anyway a  150 is a great starting score, you are already in law school with that score, not you can only climb up the ranking ladder with each point. A 150 and being latina, (assuming your GPA is at least a 3.5) you are already in some Tier 2s. But just think if you went up by like 10points! that is Tier 1, see what i mean?! buenas suerte! necesitamos mas abogadas latinas en este pais! - dejame saber si necesitas algo!

SplitFinger

• I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2006, 01:58:59 AM »
Yeah, if you're starting at 150 taking it cold, you can certainly improve into the range where you could crack 160, which would give you a good shot at a top-50 school.

I also would not recommend Kaplan.  Take Powerscore or Testmasters (the real one, not the fake one) instead.  I don't think there's much difference between PS and TM - I personally took Powersore, and highly recommend it.  My score went up at least 8 points after taking their class.

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2007, 07:25:34 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007, 12:50:59 AM »
Such wit!  I hope you don't judge all people in their twenties the same. 
On topic, I scored a 150 and heard a "no" back from my top two schools, one of which I already attended for BS.  That kinda hurt.  Whatever you do I suppose don't believe most of what you hear.  Most of the ideas like "Oh if you did undergrad there they will totally let you in" are not true.  But hey, having worked for a while in my previous field of study, I can say that the experience we have gained by not jumping into law school right after undergrad is priceless.

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »
I had read, maybe in this thread, that practicing attornies really don't care where another attorney went to school.  When I was taking to mt friend, I asked what the hell happened to McGeorge? (a top 20 school at his time is now a tier 3) and he said he has no idea. I mentioned the rankings and he stopped me right there.  After it'a all said and done with, and you are a practcing attorney, what matters is how good an attorney you are, and the respect you earn from others.  He does admit that going to Yale or Harvard does offer more "options' to students as far as the job market, and even the amount of salary, but even if you went to an Ivy league school, you still need to earn the respect of others by showing just how good of an attorney you can be, or are.  Once practicing, your law school is at the bottom of the list of achievements.  Don't get me wrong though, I would love to go to Harvard, it's just not an "option."

titcr

P.S.  I was hoping the younger students wouldn't chime in especially if it's going to be insulting and worthless.  But, it's a free country, and a free to speak BBS, plus, I stir the *&^% on the other forums too :)