Law School Discussion

Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus

BAFF213

Re: Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2005, 10:33:22 PM »
Cornell is gorgeous, especially in pictures as opposed to real life in, say, February. The law school also has the added advantage of being closer to Collegetown and farther down the hill. And the architecture is truly beautiful, very elegant.  Just be aware....

You should have put up the monthly averages - they display the full weather predicament that you will have to deal with if you attend Cornell.  However, this is very similar to what I am dealing with right now.  Our winter lows here are actually lower than Ithaca's - and we have nasty wind chill factors as well.

BAFF213

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2005, 10:40:07 PM »
I agree - that was great.

What exactly is up with this????. Please note also the peeling paint on the wall.

This is the mural of the founding of the People's College of Law, and tells a tale only rivaled by the Orozco mural in the Dartmouth library. Scholars interpret this mural as follows: The one guy is holding a dildo and the other is holding a hammer. Taken together, these figures stand for the proposition that attending PCL is equivalent to getting dildoed in the ass by an enormous, iron-forged railroad hammer.

The lower scene of the mural is just as breathtaking. The man on the left, if you look carefully, appears to be masturbating furiously- notice the large metal shaft jutting up from his legs. He is leaning back and really throwing his back into it, which is symbolic of the work ethic required to succeed at PCL.

The three figures in front of him are known by art critics as the "Three T's." The mysterious T figures combine to produce the full third tier toilet effect of the PCL. While it is unclear as to what the figure in the forefront is doing with the item in his hand, it appears he is flogging himself, probably with a dildo, to signify the hard-nosed dedication required in attending PCL. Students at PCL are constantly captivated and inspired by the majestic discipline of the dildo-flogging figure.

While the mural itself is without doubt an American classic, its flawless presentation is also noteworthy. Glaring irony is present in its display- note the torn, ragged, tape-covered and wrinkled mural arising from a beautiful golden frame purchased for 7.99 at Wal-Mart. The luxurious frame highlights the dismal condition of the mural, and vice versa. In so doing, the presentation of the mural serves as a reminder that while PCL graduates will have JDs, they will nonetheless never actually "enter" the legal profession, and as such are forever confined by the glass frame of hiring committees.

I should be an art critic.

HTH.

f-ing brilliant I toast my scotch to you.

DOWNY

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2005, 11:27:03 PM »
DOWNY is proud to serve the LSD community.

Bruner

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2005, 10:02:57 AM »

Whygohome

• If you don't get into LS you can always work here.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2005, 10:06:44 AM »
I live about a mile away from the University of NM Law school... the building itself is pretty nice, it lies right next to a golf course and through the windows you get a very scenic view of the Sandias Mountains. Right now the area is a war zone since there is construction everywhere. Across the street is a less than panoramic housing development.

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2005, 10:14:08 AM »
Does anyone else think of Dr. Nicks Hollywood upstaris medical school, or the Larry Storch school of acting and dishwasher repair.

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2005, 10:44:55 AM »
Out of NY schools...

Cornell is by far the most beautiful.

Worst?  CUNY Queens-it's literally a renovated high school.

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2005, 01:02:59 PM »
Wash U and Tulane, which are both on the ugrad campuses are quite nice..

gtown and gw are in the city (if you can call dc that).. I think gw probably has the best campus in dc.. American's is shiiiittt..hmmm... guess thats all i know.. oh, actually Ive been to bc, its nice too.. And BU, its a freakin scary place.. do not apply there until youve visited.. Ive given you fair warning..

maricutie

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2005, 01:53:42 PM »
Anything on Stanford? I didn't apply there as an undergrad because I kept thinking it looked like a Taco Bell restuarant, but maybe I was wrong.

My contribution:

BOALT: Everything said here is pretty accurate. It's a public institution, remember, and the CA budget has been hurting. Most of the building are 70s and 80s old, but not pretty-old like Yale or Mich sound. I don't think you get power plugs for your laptops on the desks (I may be wrong), and we only in the past year or so got wireless. And the chairs creak in the lecture halls.

Northwestern: Pretty. And right next to the lake, so you have a beautiful view. The library here is gorgeous as well, although the glorious view of the lake isn't very helpful for studying. There's parts of it that are dark, stained glass, gothic-looking ... and then there are the parts that are super modern. Like their admissions office has glass walls.

A.J

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2005, 01:55:38 PM »
And Valpo is a TTT.