Law School Discussion

Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus

DOWNY

Re: Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2005, 04:02:53 PM »
What exactly is up with this????. Please note also the peeling paint on the wall.

This is the mural of the founding of the People's College of Law, and tells a tale only rivaled by the Orozco mural in the Dartmouth library. Scholars interpret this mural as follows: The one guy is holding a dildo and the other is holding a hammer. Taken together, these figures stand for the proposition that attending PCL is equivalent to getting dildoed in the ass by an enormous, iron-forged railroad hammer.

The lower scene of the mural is just as breathtaking. The man on the left, if you look carefully, appears to be masturbating furiously- notice the large metal shaft jutting up from his legs. He is leaning back and really throwing his back into it, which is symbolic of the work ethic required to succeed at PCL.

The three figures in front of him are known by art critics as the "Three T's." The mysterious T figures combine to produce the full TTT effect of the PCL. While it is unclear as to what the figure in the forefront is doing with the item in his hand, it appears he is flogging himself, probably with a dildo, to signify the hard-nosed dedication required in attending PCL. Students at PCL are constantly captivated and inspired by the majestic discipline of the dildo-flogging figure.

While the mural itself is without doubt an American classic, its flawless presentation is also noteworthy. Glaring irony is present in its display- note the torn, ragged, tape-covered and wrinkled mural arising from a beautiful golden frame purchased for 7.99 at Wal-Mart. The luxurious frame highlights the dismal condition of the mural, and vice versa. In so doing, the presentation of the mural serves as a reminder that while PCL graduates will have JDs, they will nonetheless never actually "enter" the legal profession, and as such are forever confined by the glass frame of hiring committees.

I should be an art critic.

HTH.

A.J

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2005, 04:06:53 PM »
Yeah, she's MILF enough.  Drinking would contribute effectively to her MILFability, however.

bobo21

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2005, 04:08:55 PM »
Dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but Hastings' "campus" is pretty awful, especially when you factor in all the bums that are passed out in front of it...

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2005, 05:58:13 PM »
Did everyone forget about Columbia?? I think it's the most beautiful school I have ever seen!

The Columbia campus is amazing! I was shocked at how beautiful it was when I visited NYU & Columbia this past summer.  The only problem is that the Columbia Law School is ugly as sin, and totally out of place on that old, beautiful campus. 

taterstol

• Current 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2005, 07:00:37 PM »
Haha it is a pretty ugly building. I actually liked NYU's area--right across from Washington Square Park. Beautiful. Too bad I didn't have the numbers for either of those schools.

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2005, 07:20:31 PM »
Actually, I like contrast in campus architecture. The academic building of the Yale School of Management (founded in 1976) is the only modern-looking academic facility in the whole campus, and frankly, is a nice breath of fresh air, from all the gloomy, old-school Gothic style that is predominant.

Did everyone forget about Columbia?? I think it's the most beautiful school I have ever seen!

The Columbia campus is amazing! I was shocked at how beautiful it was when I visited NYU & Columbia this past summer.  The only problem is that the Columbia Law School is ugly as sin, and totally out of place on that old, beautiful campus. 

BAFF213

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2005, 10:20:26 PM »
HAHA

Getting hammered at the People's College of Law.

BAFF213

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2005, 10:23:19 PM »
Maybe they call themselves "People's" college of law because they are proud of the fact that people actually attend the school, rather than, say primates.  Or perhaps they have a satellite campus where they admit animals or other less intelligent species,  which also helps to explain the name of the school.   ;)

Getting hammered at the People's College of Law.

A.J

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2005, 10:27:08 PM »
Valpo is a TTT but PCL cannot even be properly called a TTT.  I believe that statement stands without qualification.

What if we started calling things PCLs?  Now that's derogatory.

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2005, 10:32:37 PM »
What exactly is up with this????. Please note also the peeling paint on the wall.

This is the mural of the founding of the People's College of Law, and tells a tale only rivaled by the Orozco mural in the Dartmouth library. Scholars interpret this mural as follows: The one guy is holding a dildo and the other is holding a hammer. Taken together, these figures stand for the proposition that attending PCL is equivalent to getting dildoed in the ass by an enormous, iron-forged railroad hammer.

The lower scene of the mural is just as breathtaking. The man on the left, if you look carefully, appears to be masturbating furiously- notice the large metal shaft jutting up from his legs. He is leaning back and really throwing his back into it, which is symbolic of the work ethic required to succeed at PCL.

The three figures in front of him are known by art critics as the "Three T's." The mysterious T figures combine to produce the full TTT effect of the PCL. While it is unclear as to what the figure in the forefront is doing with the item in his hand, it appears he is flogging himself, probably with a dildo, to signify the hard-nosed dedication required in attending PCL. Students at PCL are constantly captivated and inspired by the majestic discipline of the dildo-flogging figure.

While the mural itself is without doubt an American classic, its flawless presentation is also noteworthy. Glaring irony is present in its display- note the torn, ragged, tape-covered and wrinkled mural arising from a beautiful golden frame purchased for 7.99 at Wal-Mart. The luxurious frame highlights the dismal condition of the mural, and vice versa. In so doing, the presentation of the mural serves as a reminder that while PCL graduates will have JDs, they will nonetheless never actually "enter" the legal profession, and as such are forever confined by the glass frame of hiring committees.

I should be an art critic.

HTH.

f-ing brilliant I toast my scotch to you.