Law School Discussion

Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus

Re: Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2005, 03:46:19 PM »
ha ha!  i would have ended upat emerson or endicott had I applied ANYWHERE ELSE....sigh

:-*

my hands are freezing it is so cold here

russian_concussion

• Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2005, 03:47:06 PM »

I'm finishing up UMass Lowell. Now, not only is this school ugly from the outside, it's rotten to the core. As far as the ghetto aspect of it, two of my friends have had their cars stolen through the years and one was beaten up and robbed while out looking at a meteor shower, oh and we've also had a few riots, but that's nothing new. As is usually the case, the police feel the need to crack down on everyone nondiscriminantly. They are even worse then the gangsters. Oh and we also have a very convenient bridge, "Kerouak's bridge", over the merrimack river going between two campuses. Not a year goes by that someone doesn't jump/get thrown off the bridge. It's quite the experience, walking to class in the morning and seeing a red smear on the rocks below. Those are the lucky ones. One time a lady jumped but didn't die on impact, she sat there on the rocks wailing for like 20 minutes before the cops and ambulances made their way down.

Ummmmm.. the official website did well with the propaganda, then! 

That's one thing we've got by the truckload, bull!

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2005, 03:48:42 PM »
I was under the impression that Michigan "hands down" had the nicest law school, followed by cornell and stanford.  I  haven't visited any of them, but thats what I hear.  I personally think the harvard law school needs a facelift.  At the very least, Michigan certainly put in a lot of effort on their website to make the campus look really nice.

funny, i also have heard raves about mich (but never been), but i love stanford and cornell's campuses. was surprised/disappointed when i visited harvard, but BC is superpretty.

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2005, 03:54:10 PM »
This is the mural of the founding of the People's College of Law, and tells a tale only rivaled by the Orozco mural in the Dartmouth library. Scholars interpret this mural as follows: The one guy is holding a dildo and the other is holding a hammer. Taken together, these figures stand for the proposition that attending PCL is equivalent to getting dildoed in the ass by an enormous, iron-forged railroad hammer

will you now enlighten us as to precisely what is going on in the orozco murals, pretty please?

A.J

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2005, 04:01:11 PM »
LOL, on my campus we had a sculpture entitled "The Man Who Used to Hunt Cougars for Bounty", celebrating the native American heritage of the area.  It lookes like a man humping a bear.

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2005, 04:05:18 PM »
I agree that Harvard was quite disappointing: Mid-20th Century modernism at its worst (i.e. boring concrete buildings). The rest of the campus is nice, but the law school was disappointing. If the closest you've ever come to "Mission-style" buildings is Taco Bell (which was the case with me until I moved out to California) then Stanford does in fact look like Taco Bell. But so does the oldest building in San Francisco (mission dolores).

BAFF213

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2005, 09:25:47 PM »
my cousin goes to endicott - just thought i'd chime in.

ha ha!  i would have ended upat emerson or endicott had I applied ANYWHERE ELSE....sigh

:-*

my hands are freezing it is so cold here

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2005, 09:53:06 PM »
What's an endicott?

« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2005, 11:59:52 PM »
As a native Madisonian I gotta put my 2 cents in...UW campus, right on the lake (multiple lakes in Madi), is gorgeous.  The union is one of the highlights where everyone goes (not just students) and there is always stuff going on -- art, live music, swimming... and you really can't beat the vibe of state street (main kinda "downtown" street, no cars allowed, tons of places to chow and shop and read and drink coffee and drink other things).  Plus, there is the new overature center of performing arts (not even a year old).  I don't have much experience with the law facilities, but I have heard only good things.  The courthouse is close, as is the jail (if you do clinics or externships).  Hope that helps. 

Kinda a bummer to hear BU is sh*tty, why don't they take all that tuition money and renovate!!!  People's Law stuff was HILLARIOUS -- definately a nice break from tedious apps.   :)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2005, 12:53:25 AM »
the most beautiful campus is in hawaii...and pookie...GO TO SLEEP...IT IS WAY PAST YOUR BEDTIME....