Law School Discussion

Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus

wongsb

Re: Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2005, 03:20:40 PM »
Wash U and Tulane, which are both on the ugrad campuses are quite nice..

gtown and gw are in the city (if you can call dc that).. I think gw probably has the best campus in dc.. American's is shiiiittt..hmmm... guess thats all i know.. oh, actually Ive been to bc, its nice too.. And BU, its a freakin scary place.. do not apply there until youve visited.. Ive given you fair warning..

I was in DC this weekend and, after visiting American's campus, have decided not to apply, even though it's one of my two mere safety schools.  Yuck.  It's basically a building, secluded in the NW fringes of the city, about a five minute shuttle ride away from the rest of the campus, where the only thing in the immediate vicinity is a Crate & Barrel and a Starbucks across the street. 

I do agree that GW has the best campus in DC! 

And, seeing that everyone keeps insisting that BU is ghetto scary, I am intrigued.   ;D  How bad can a campus truly be, anyway????

russian_concussion

• Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2005, 03:23:04 PM »
Wash U and Tulane, which are both on the ugrad campuses are quite nice..

gtown and gw are in the city (if you can call dc that).. I think gw probably has the best campus in dc.. American's is shiiiittt..hmmm... guess thats all i know.. oh, actually Ive been to bc, its nice too.. And BU, its a freakin scary place.. do not apply there until youve visited.. Ive given you fair warning..

I was in DC this weekend and after visiting American's campus, have decided not to apply, even though it's one of my two mere safety schools.  Yuck.  It's basically a building, secluded in the NW fringes of the city, about a five minute shuttle ride away from the rest of the campus, where the only thing in the immediate vicinity is a Crate & Barrel and a Starbucks across the street. 

I agree that GW has the best campus in DC! 

And, now that everyone keeps insisting that BU is ghetto scary, I am intrigued.   ;D

BU isn't that ghetto. It's just that everyone here is very ivy so pretty much any regular school looks ghetto by comparacen. I myself am from a REAL ghetto school and BU looks just grrrreat to me.

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2005, 03:26:54 PM »
Anything on Stanford? I didn't apply there as an undergrad because I kept thinking it looked like a Taco Bell restuarant, but maybe I was wrong.

oh, you silly, silly thing ::shakes head::

stanford is GORGEOUS. to die. you'll see... i went there for a year, and every time i walked acorss campus i would look around and be like, do i really go here?

i did this mentoring program with 7th graders in EPA and i have pics of them visiting campus and climbing all over the rodin sculptures... i should post   :D

wongsb

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2005, 03:28:16 PM »

BU isn't that ghetto. It's just that everyone here is very ivy so pretty much any regular school looks ghetto by comparacen. I myself am from a REAL ghetto school and BU looks just grrrreat to me.

Haha, I remember you alluded to your "ghetto school" earlier -so, where exactly DID you go?  :D

I myself figure that many "ghetto" schools are just mad ugly from the outside, nothing more.  The only school I have visited in which I have ever felt unsafe is Brooklyn College (where I took my December LSATs).  

TheArbiter

• I told you the safety wasn't on.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2005, 03:32:27 PM »
I went to Ugrad at Texas A&M.  It looks like the offspring between a maximum security prison and a military base.....gorgeous.  As for law schools SMU is really, really nice but then again its right in the middle of one of the richest neighborhoods in the state of Texas.

wongsb

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2005, 03:36:52 PM »
Anyone have a review on Washington & Lee?  and perhaps some insight into Lexington, VA?  I have heard Lee and his horse are buried on campus and the town is a pretty miserable place.  More information would be nice.

:)

russian_concussion

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2005, 03:37:43 PM »

Haha, I remember you alluded to your "ghetto school" earlier -so, where exactly DID you go?  :D

I myself figure that many "ghetto" schools are just mad ugly from the outside, nothing more.  The only school I have visited in which I have ever felt unsafe is Brooklyn College (where I took my December LSATs). 

I'm finishing up UMass Lowell. Now, not only is this school ugly from the outside, it's rotten to the core. As far as the ghetto aspect of it, two of my friends have had their cars stolen through the years and one was beaten up and robbed while out looking at a meteor shower, oh and we've also had a few riots, but that's nothing new. As is usually the case, the police feel the need to crack down on everyone nondiscriminantly. They are even worse then the gangsters. Oh and we also have a very convenient bridge, "Kerouak's bridge", over the merrimack river going between two campuses. Not a year goes by that someone doesn't jump/get thrown off the bridge. It's quite the experience, walking to class in the morning and seeing a red smear on the rocks below. Those are the lucky ones. One time a lady jumped but didn't die on impact, she sat there on the rocks wailing for like 20 minutes before the cops and ambulances made their way down.

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
i remember getting their catalog...gess I'm glad I endd up at URI   :D

russian_concussion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2005, 03:41:53 PM »
i remember getting their catalog...gess I'm glad I endd up at URI   :D

Too bad, we coud've gotten drunk and  :-*

wongsb

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2005, 03:45:24 PM »

I'm finishing up UMass Lowell. Now, not only is this school ugly from the outside, it's rotten to the core. As far as the ghetto aspect of it, two of my friends have had their cars stolen through the years and one was beaten up and robbed while out looking at a meteor shower, oh and we've also had a few riots, but that's nothing new. As is usually the case, the police feel the need to crack down on everyone nondiscriminantly. They are even worse then the gangsters. Oh and we also have a very convenient bridge, "Kerouak's bridge", over the merrimack river going between two campuses. Not a year goes by that someone doesn't jump/get thrown off the bridge. It's quite the experience, walking to class in the morning and seeing a red smear on the rocks below. Those are the lucky ones. One time a lady jumped but didn't die on impact, she sat there on the rocks wailing for like 20 minutes before the cops and ambulances made their way down.

Ummmmm.. the official website did well with the propaganda, then!