Law School Discussion

Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus

jakew

Re: Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2005, 01:57:29 PM »
I don't know about the law school in particular, but the Stanford campus overall is beautiful.

TLFKARG

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2005, 04:10:58 PM »
Boalt's exterior looks awful.  They have what Ruskie and I call the "ugly fountain," which looks like a bad imitation of Edward Scissorhands' hands.
Ah, yes, the ugly fountain!  At least you can't miss it when I tell you, "Hey, SWB, meet me for lunch today around noon at the ugly fountain."

wongsb

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2005, 05:13:58 PM »
BU is pretty damn skanky, but I'm sure there are much worse

Can anyone elaborate on BU??  I have applied there and one of my old college roommates -from Boston- insists it's the most ghetto campus ever, and that I'll hate it.   ???

russian_concussion

• Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2005, 05:21:25 PM »

Can anyone elaborate on BU??  I have applied there and one of my old college roommates insists it's the most ghetto campus ever, and that I'll hate it.   ???

I'd like more info too. Although I doubt anything can be more ghetto then my UG.

dr_draino

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2005, 05:22:09 PM »
It's not ghetto...it's just...not nice.  The campus sits right on the river, which is nice, but it also sits right on a main 8 lane highway which is LOUD.  The building is 3rd rate:  It's like 16 floors (maybe 18?  one of those two...I think 18 actually) and there are two elevators...one that serves floors 1-9 and the other that serves floors 9-18.  So If you've gott go to the 12th floor, you've gotta hop on one elevator and take it to the 9th floor, then hop off and get on the other one (I think they're in the process of making one of them serve the whole building...but that means one elevator, which would suck too).  There's a million undergrads running around that are pretty obnoxious.  No lockers in teh building...just not very nice.

Can anyone elaborate on BU??  I have applied there and one of my old college roommates insists it's the most ghetto campus ever, and that I'll hate it.   ???

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »
I was under the impression that Michigan "hands down" had the nicest law school, followed by cornell and stanford.  I  haven't visited any of them, but thats what I hear.  I personally think the harvard law school needs a facelift.  At the very least, Michigan certainly put in a lot of effort on their website to make the campus look really nice.

RocketBot

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2005, 05:44:39 PM »
I was under the impression that Michigan "hands down" had the nicest law school, followed by cornell and stanford.  I  haven't visited any of them, but thats what I hear.  I personally think the harvard law school needs a facelift.  At the very least, Michigan certainly put in a lot of effort on their website to make the campus look really nice.

I definitely got that impression when I toured the school...  incredible architecture, excellent facilities, great location on campus (across the street from the business school, Union, and art museum).  Certainly wouldn't mind being admitted there ;)

I think the coolest thing about Michigan was walking downstairs from the library reading room (classic enormous gothic study hall with stained glass windows), and into the main underground library... the architect that designed the library should get a prize.  The way the floors are layered so you can see the whole library as you walk down the stairs, so that natural light reflects into the entire library is an excellent example of ambitious, but subtle modern architecture.

BAFF213

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2005, 05:48:30 PM »
I've heard that BU's campus is pretty damn sh_tty.  FYI: my mom went to Northeastern for grad school and she just said it's a pretty bad area, as far as crime.

Can anyone elaborate on BU??  I have applied there and one of my old college roommates -from Boston- insists it's the most ghetto campus ever, and that I'll hate it.   ???

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2005, 06:00:44 PM »
haven't actually been, but USD campus in general looks beautiful

ditto on seattle u and u wash having nice facilities- studied in both law school libraries

I was just at USD's campus on Friday for an admissions information session.  I spent about 5 hours walking around, exploring.  Everything's very lovely.  16th century Spanish-style buildings (I heard it was modelled after University of Madrid?  Not sure if it's true, though).  The law school seems a bit old, but all I have to compare it to is UMN's building which is lovely (West Bank at UMN isn't much to look at, though, IMHO).

Overall, it's gorgeous.  I felt a little strange wandering around outside in January without a coat on, but if I get accepted, I'm sure I'll get over it very quickly.  ;D

dr_draino

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2005, 06:33:12 PM »
Northeastern?!?  Nah...it's right on the Fens

I've heard that BU's campus is pretty damn sh_tty.  FYI: my mom went to Northeastern for grad school and she just said it's a pretty bad area, as far as crime.