Law School Discussion

Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus

140am

• View Profile
Re: Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2005, 07:37:25 PM »

Yeah, where the country was founded.  Without us, you'd probably be in an extension of Russia or something.

No, thankfully many of our nation's founders were in fact republican.

HTH

While that may or may not be true, 100% of them were East-coasters.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2005, 07:37:52 PM »
lewis and clark.... :-* :-*...well, haven't visited but what I have seen/heard online and in their book (obviously the best photos) I would LOVE to spend three years there only I can't see myself not on the east coast.... :(

East coast=toxic third tier toilet waste site

HTH  ;)

Yeah, where the country was founded.  Without us, you'd probably be in an extension of Russia or something.

Which isnt THAT bad...

ha :)

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2005, 07:39:19 PM »
east coast 4 eva

no seriously, i love it...i left new england but it's pretty amazing..the history and all

i need sleep

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2005, 07:45:28 PM »
east coast 4 eva

no seriously, i love it...i left new england but it's pretty amazing..the history and all

i need sleep

I'm trying to get over my history-snobbery, as someone who grew up just outside Philadelphia, this is not easy.

I used to take my lunch breaks in Valley Forge National Park, for God's sake.  I walk past independence hall like it's a 7-11.

I recently sent an application to a school in New Orleans (Loyola) in an attempt to possibly lure myself away from the East Coast, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it.  The thing that I like about New Orleans is that it is very old, as well.  I love historic places.

« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2005, 07:50:34 PM »
me too....i live in Florida now.....history?!?!?!?!? :(

i stayed at the omni last may for a sox series and the old city hall was across the street....it was awesome....my sister could not care less but that is just me

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2005, 07:55:33 PM »

i stayed at the omni last may for a sox series and the old city hall was across the street....it was awesome....my sister could not care less but that is just me

I really only like places that are...really "PLACES", you know with a sense of place, and some uniqueness/character.  I don't rent apartments in apartment buildings/developments whenever possible, I prefer old houses, things like that.

I don't know that I could go to school anyplace too suburban, or generic, anyhow, unless it was a suburb that's interesting, like Villanova's area, with all the beautiful trees and houses.  I don't know if I'll ever be enamored with places that are in the middle of nowhere -- I love nature, and can appreciate natural beauty, but I like places that mean something, historically.  I like to feel like I am living somewhere where something meaningful happened once, as if it is going to elevate the meaning or aethetic of my own life (though likely, it is not).  Is that weird?

RocketBot

« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2005, 08:00:19 PM »

I really only like places that are...really "PLACES", you know with a sense of place, and some uniqueness/character.  I don't rent apartments in apartment buildings/developments whenever possible, I prefer old houses, things like that.

I don't know that I could go to school anyplace too suburban, or generic, anyhow, unless it was a suburb that's interesting, like Villanova's area, with all the beautiful trees and houses.  I don't know if I'll ever be enamored with places that are in the middle of nowhere -- I love nature, and can appreciate natural beauty, but I like places that mean something, historically.  I like to feel like I am living somewhere where something meaningful happened once, as if it is going to elevate the meaning or aethetic of my own life (though likely, it is not).  Is that weird?

Bleh.  How would new history ever be created if people only flocked to pay their respects to existing history?  Don't be afraid to make something new of a place that doesn't have corinthian columns and cracked bells.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2005, 08:10:06 PM »

Bleh.  How would new history ever be created if people only flocked to pay their respects to existing history?  Don't be afraid to make something new of a place that doesn't have corinthian columns and cracked bells.

I agree with you.  But I'm just not one of those people.  I'm not an Oklahoma Sooner or a San Francisco 49er.

I like old places, you know?  I'm weird, I think.

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2005, 11:08:43 PM »
east coast 4 eva

i need sleep

I'm trying to get over my history-snobbery, as someone who grew up just outside Philadelphia, this is not easy.

I used to take my lunch breaks in Valley Forge National Park, for God's sake.  I walk past independence hall like it's a 7-11.

I recently sent an application to a school in New Orleans (Loyola) in an attempt to possibly lure myself away from the East Coast, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it.  The thing that I like about New Orleans is that it is very old, as well.  I love historic places.

New Orleans is a city with a fair amount of history, but its also a very mixed city, mixed meaning many bad areas that you shouldn't go to- ever. The locals can scope out an outsider in a snap, and if you're in the wrong neighborhood, they'll come and get ya.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2005, 11:49:06 AM »
east coast 4 eva

i need sleep

New Orleans is a city with a fair amount of history, but its also a very mixed city, mixed meaning many bad areas that you shouldn't go to- ever. The locals can scope out an outsider in a snap, and if you're in the wrong neighborhood, they'll come and get ya.

That's fine.  All places are dangerous, all places are safe.  A lot of it depends on you, and where you put yourself, and then of course, bad things can happen to good people anywhere, anytime.

C'est la vie.