Law School Discussion

Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus

RocketBot

Re: Most Beautiful/Ugliest Law School Campus
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2005, 05:24:13 AM »
Well Madison has going for it what few other campuses do.  It's mostly just an incredible city...  while it gets cold as all hell there, I didn't really notice it in my year there as an undergrad, because it's just such a damn fun place to be.  One of the few places in the midwest I'd consider living (coming from a CA kid)

AubZamZam

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2005, 07:45:21 AM »
Maricutie, Stanford IS gorgeous.  Especially the main quad.  Away from the main quad there is some 50's like architecture interspersed with the old style buildings, but it doesn't really detract, the campus as a whole is just beautiful.  The law school itself is somewhat non-descript, but not ugly or anything.  I was in the law library a few times as an undergrad, and from what I remember it's a little 1970's ish.  However, the undergrad library (Green) has the newly restored Bing Wing which is seriously almost awe-inspiring. 

InVinoVeritas

• Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2005, 08:57:26 AM »
Maricutie, Stanford IS gorgeous....

I went to stanford for undergrad, and I never really understood why they Taco Bell analogy persists so strongly.  I guess it's just a reference everybody can get.  In it's own postmodern way, the law school is pretty.  As Aub mentioned, the Main Quad, on the other hand is gorgeous, particularly memorial church. 

I always thought of Stanford's campus as suburban in the sense that the campus isn't very dense;  for better or for worse, everything is spread out.  Once you visit, you'll understand why nearly everyone rides around on a bike.  I know there's been a ton of construction since I've graduated, so I suspect, it might seem a little less unwieldy.  Fortunately, the law school is very centrally located.  The postoffice, bookstore, student union and administration buildings are all a stone's throw away. 

AubZamZam

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2005, 09:51:26 AM »
InVino, when did you graduate?

Stu

« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2005, 10:40:56 AM »
Indiana Bloomington. Very nice campus. My wife has been leaning on this option since she's going for her MPA and they are top in the nation for this area, and the school is much closer to her hometown (Cincinnati). I've heard Bloomington itself is nice, if a little boring and conservative.

We've been attending unranked hellhole-esque Eastern Michgan U in Ypsilanti, Michigan. It borders Ann Arbor, so we're already used to the Michigan area. UM's law quad is definitely impressive, like suddenly being trasnported to Medieval Europe. It's one of those places you have to experience firsthand to really get a sense of how cool it is.

OTOH, I've heard People's College in LA is pretty spiff...

InVinoVeritas

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2005, 11:10:51 AM »

AubZamZam

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2005, 11:25:17 AM »

Ah, so you missed the renovated Green libe... that is too bad, it's incredible!  But you also missed the renovated CoHo, which kinda sucked.  I graduated in '00.   I hear that Tressider has undergone a complete overhaul too but haven't been back to campus in a couple of years.

InVinoVeritas

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2005, 11:33:48 AM »

Ah, so you missed the renovated Green libe... that is too bad, it's incredible! But you also missed the renovated CoHo, which kinda sucked. I graduated in '00. I hear that Tressider has undergone a complete overhaul too but haven't been back to campus in a couple of years.

Yeah, the Green renovation was almost complete when I graduated, but I've heard from others that it's awesome.  I actually spent a fair amount of time at the CoHo and I kind of liked it's beat up ambiance.  Tressider had been due for an overhaul; it never struck me as an effective student union.  I haven't been there since 1999, so I'm sure much of the campus will seem new again the next time I visit. 

ilsox7

« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2005, 12:44:26 PM »
Indiana Bloomington. Very nice campus. My wife has been leaning on this option since she's going for her MPA and they are top in the nation for this area, and the school is much closer to her hometown (Cincinnati). I've heard Bloomington itself is nice, if a little boring and conservative.

We've been attending unranked hellhole-esque Eastern Michgan U in Ypsilanti, Michigan. It borders Ann Arbor, so we're already used to the Michigan area. UM's law quad is definitely impressive, like suddenly being trasnported to Medieval Europe. It's one of those places you have to experience firsthand to really get a sense of how cool it is.

OTOH, I've heard People's College in LA is pretty spiff...

Bloomington is phenomenal.  Only conservative when compared to another college campus.  Farthest thing from boring, then again that depends on your interests.  State forest minutes away.  Stream and trees make up the center of campus with grassy areas to study outside.  Also one of the top UG and Grad business schools, great music school, etc.  A fine choice!

« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2005, 01:58:27 PM »
my cousin goes to endicott - just thought i'd chime in.

ha ha! i would have ended upat emerson or endicott had I applied ANYWHERE ELSE....sigh

:-*

my hands are freezing it is so cold here

really? i l ooked at it briefly becaue i wanted to play soccer...but ended up at TTT URI