Law School Discussion

WTF - Waitlisted at GW!

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
Re: WTF - Waitlisted at GW!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 09:32:39 PM »
Wow giffy, you do look like a strong applicant.  Competition must be stiff this year.  I wrote them asking about information from last year's wait list, NO REPLY.  I agree with vegan though, I'm just going to go through with the seat deposit.  If GW lets us in, great.  But I don't think we can bet on it.

Thanks  ;D As soon as I get in somewere else I will probably withdraw my app. GW was pretty far down on my list and I mainly applied because at the time I thought I might want to practice in DC. I have since decided that I don't, but it is a great school. I wish you luck in getting of the WL

jas9999

• Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2005, 08:23:23 AM »
never believe a school when they say they didn't go into the waitlist the previous year, unless it's a top 5 school. i think they just say that to discourage people from bombarding their office with calls and updates between now and may.

i firmly believe that a large percentage of people in the 'target' range for a school get on the w/l first. the first pass of apps is primarily acceptances for people who consider a school a safety, and most of them won't enroll b/c they get in somewhere else (probably off that school's w/l).

sarona

• 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2005, 09:48:58 AM »
i'm sorry to hear that guys :( i remember people thinking i was being ridiculous for being worried about getting into gw, and i had almost the same numbers as some of you who were waitlisted. goes to show it's never a sure shot i guess.  :-\

hopefully you guys will/have already gotten in places you really want to go anyway! :)

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2005, 08:10:21 AM »
I was waitlisted at GW FT, not terribly surprised...but a little disappointed...

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuntoryTime

miamigrl

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2005, 12:33:26 PM »
just joined the waitlist crew

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2005, 12:34:07 PM »
just joined the waitlist crew

I'll squoosh over. there's room on this couch.
;)