Law School Discussion

Law School Gym Ratings

Re: Law School Gym Ratings
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2005, 03:12:45 PM »
As a current UCLA student I can tell you that UCLA's is nothing special.  They have JUST opened a new addition to our gym though, which I have not yet been inside but supposedly adds lots of state-of-the-art machines.  Annoying hours, though.  Features:

Large gym with 4 BBall courts, large indoor room for many vball games, poor cardio, decent free weights and machines, 9 or 10 (usually one is closed) Racquetball courts, some space for stretching and abs, 2 squash courts, couple of large hardwood rooms, and then whatever is being added now.

My GF's ex is a USC fool and through that I've heard their gym is awesome.

Gotta say, Harvard's sounds nice.

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2005, 03:55:49 PM »
Agree that the hours at wooden are annoying (or were, since I am not there anymore)(wooden=UCLA gym for the rest of you). From what I have heard, the expansion is mainly to provide more room for weight equipment, plus a few offices for IM sports, ROTC...
BTW, UCLA Law does not have a seperate gym, this is refering to the main UCLA gym (John Wooden Center) which is about a 5-10 minute walk from the law school.

fineprint

• let dawgs bite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2005, 03:59:57 PM »
I don't know first hand, but in a GULC letter its newly built gym was listed as one of the attractions.  Pictures of it looked pretty impressive.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »
I like the gym at UCLA better than the one at USC.  UCLA has a fair number of cardio machines, and a decent weight room.  UCLA also has some cool classes.  USC was smaller, but their pool was much more accessible.  Of course, it's been a couple years since I've been to any gym, much less the facilities at either UCLA or USC.  This post makes me feel like a lardass.  Thanks. 

Hey Masticatrix, any info about Loyola's gym?  Thanx!

Sorry, I haven't spent any time at the law school campus- this is just speculation, but I would guess that if Loyola Law does have a gym, it's not that great, seeing as the law school is ten miles away from the undergraduate campus.  However, the "real" campus is pretty nice, so maybe the law school follows suit.  You could always live in Santa Monica and try running down the 10 freeway to get to school...that would be a hell of a workout.  And hey, tire marks look good with any outfit. 

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2005, 09:36:20 AM »
I worked out at UCLA's gym until I graduated (bachelors) in 2001, and at that time it was okay--nothing special, but not the worst I've seen either. I've not been back to the gym since then, so I don't know about the improvements others have mentioned, but I'll say this: if all you seek is a good workout, then Wooden will do the trick. If you are looking for something more--eh, not so much. And (at least while I was there) the men's locker room is in another building entirely, requiring one to walk out onto a busy plaza and over to a nearby building in order to shower and change, which sucked on chilly mornings and rainy days.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2005, 10:33:40 AM »
GULC has a GREAT gym.. My roommate went to an information session and thats one of the main things he talked about when he got back.  Dont know what that means for the remainder of the facilities at the school..

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2005, 01:15:59 PM »
I'm interested in hearing about Northwestern's gym... anyone know anything about it?

maximumtennis82

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »
Any info on S/H/Y's gyms?  ;D

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2005, 01:43:29 PM »
I just toured NYU and visited the gym there. Very big, particularly for Manhattan, and very well furnished. Big weight room, lots of cardio equipment, big pool open all day (never taken over by varsity swimmets). All in all, I was impressed.

Dolcejn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2005, 02:23:51 PM »
Any info on S/H/Y's gyms? ;D

check out first page of this post :)