Law School Discussion

Fav Food?

prospect

• "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
Re: Fav Food?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 11:46:16 AM »
Pepe's is the best.  Berkele has Zach's, which is also very good pizza, California-style. 

There isn't an In N Out Burger in Berkeley, but there's one about 25 mins away in Pleasanton.  There might be one closer than that, but I don't know of it.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2004, 11:46:59 AM »
Pepe's is the best.  Berkele has Zach's, which is also very good pizza, California-style. 

There isn't an In N Out Burger in Berkeley, but there's one about 25 mins away in Pleasanton.  There might be one closer than that, but I don't know of it.

Sally's right down the street from Pepe's is really good too.

maricutie

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2004, 12:03:30 PM »
where do you live now?  and what did you eat when you went to UCLA if not barney's burgers?  ;)  luckily you had an in n out very close to campus.  please tell me berkeley has that too...  ooh, and krispy kreme.

Unfortunately, there's no in-and-out near Berkeley. My fellow socal ppl and I had to find other substitutes for that kind of goodness. I think they may have one about 20 min away on car, though, so it's not all bad. But, honestly, the food in Berkeley makes up for it. There's this tiwanese restaurant that I'm getting my bf (who's flying in to Berkeley for recruitment) to ship me food from. Specifically, some kind of chinese fried green beans with green onions. Drooool....

klasyk gyrl

• Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 12:06:56 PM »
ok. i'll say it. i don't like in-and-out.  :o if i have to go there cuz of my friends i order a burger w/o the special sauce. the fries are weak. i need some big steak fries or at least something that isn't limp. i do like how they wrap the burger though. and the shakes are bad, but my vote is for fat burger.

lookwhois

• 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2004, 12:08:50 PM »
souvlaki dinner
yummy
 :P

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2004, 12:09:46 PM »
The 'O' in pittsburgh.  Any place that can sell 30,000 lbs of fries in a week is A'OK

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2004, 12:35:52 PM »
where do you live now?  and what did you eat when you went to UCLA if not barney's burgers?  ;)  luckily you had an in n out very close to campus.  please tell me berkeley has that too...  ooh, and krispy kreme.

Closest In n out is about 20 minutes north of Berkeley, with a krispy kreme next door. Unfortunetly the bay area doesn't have the proper in n out saturation yet. :(  But there is good food to be found in Berkeley,, you certainly won't starve there.
I am back home in the bay area right now, in concord, a city on the other side of the hills from berkeley, Plotting my return to LA. ;)

maricutie

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2004, 12:42:24 PM »
ok. i'll say it. i don't like in-and-out.  :o if i have to go there cuz of my friends i order a burger w/o the special sauce. the fries are weak. i need some big steak fries or at least something that isn't limp. i do like how they wrap the burger though. and the shakes are bad, but my vote is for fat burger.

*GASP!!*

Nah, but I second the fries comment. Pretty weak. Best fries are Burger king fries, right out of the fryer.

BTW -- few ppl know this, but having worked at a fast food place I can give you the DL. If you order a fried chicken/fish sandwich and want it crunchy (not sitting around for 10 min), order it "off the fryer." Even if they have some patties already made, they have to make it for you fresh. Same thing with burgers -- "off the broiler." Fast food can be pretty good once made right ;D

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2004, 12:45:29 PM »

blasphemy!!  i like fatburger's burgers more than in-n-out's now, but in terms of fast food with a drive through, in-n-out has the best burgers.  and i LOVE the in-n-out shake.  i like fatburger's a lot too, esp since you get whipped cream on top.  i agree that in-n-out fries such hard.  if i have to get them, i get a side of the "special sauce" (aka, thousand island) in which to dip the fries.  because of in-n-out, when we grill burgers at home, we use thousand island.  good stuff.

wait, so the closest KK to boalt is 20 minutes away?  or are there closer ones, but there also happens to be one next to the closest in-n-out?  they'd better get cracking on opening new stores (both of them) if i'm going to go to boalt...  ;)

thanks for the info, mari and bruin!

edit for mari's newest post: when i go to mcd's, i always specify that i want it without pickles so they have to cook a fresh one.  i used to just pick out the pickles myself to make the order simple, but my bf told me about the fresh making thing, so now i specify.

oh, and i LOVE mcd's fries, when they've just been made.  mcd's fries are really inconsistent though.  can be great, can be bleh.  BK's are always good, but i don't think they're great.  just a matter of whether you want to take a chance on mcd's being great, or be assured that BK will be good.  i usually take the risk.

klasyk gyrl

• Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2004, 12:47:56 PM »

but if you go to fat burger they make it when you order it!  :P

*GASP!!*

Nah, but I second the fries comment. Pretty weak. Best fries are Burger king fries, right out of the fryer.

BTW -- few ppl know this, but having worked at a fast food place I can give you the DL. If you order a fried chicken/fish sandwich and want it crunchy (not sitting around for 10 min), order it "off the fryer." Even if they have some patties already made, they have to make it for you fresh. Same thing with burgers -- "off the broiler." Fast food can be pretty good once made right ;D