Law School Discussion

HOW TO CHEAT on LSATs

Re: HOW TO CHEAT on LSATs
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2004, 12:38:55 PM »
It's not cheating. It's being smarter than your competition.

I believe we had a discussion about cheating on the LSAT a few months ago. I think another good idea is to get a smart friend to take the test with you, and just compare answers during the break and go back and change the answers you had different during a section that you finish like 5 minutes early. It's kind of risky, but not really if you're good at that kind of thing. Just keep your eye on the proctor - if he/she starts looking at you a little weird, then don't continue what you're doing. One bad stare isn't going to mean the proctor will take the test away from you.

ilsox7

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 12:39:38 PM »
Boy am I glad you're not in charge.  You'd probably pass out everyone's email addresses and IP Addresses in order to help close a loophole.

genreg78

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 12:40:03 PM »
It's not cheating. It's being smarter than your competition.

I believe we had a discussion about cheating on the LSAT a few months ago. I think another good idea is to get a smart friend to take the test with you, and just compare answers during the break and go back and change the answers you had different during a section that you finish like 5 minutes early. It's kind of risky, but not really if you're good at that kind of thing. Just keep your eye on the proctor - if he/she starts looking at you a little weird, then don't continue what you're doing. One bad stare isn't going to mean the proctor will take the test away from you.

Wow I have to quote this before you edit it.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2004, 12:40:51 PM »
Go ahead. I would easily do it if I had the chance. Grow some balls.

ilsox7

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2004, 12:42:29 PM »
Go ahead. I would easily do it if I had the chance. Grow some balls.

Gain some integrity.

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2004, 12:43:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

buster

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2004, 12:43:50 PM »
What does this mean? What would qualify as cheating?

It's not cheating.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2004, 12:46:03 PM »
this an interesting contrast to your thread elsewhere in which you express indignation about being asked to lie in letter of recommendation.  care to reconcile?

julie makes an excellent point.

Yours and Julie's posts demonstrate your superficial and poor reading comprehension.

disagree on both counts.

your post said that you didn't do it, but it didn't say you didn't for ethical reasons.  if that's the case, then great.  but maybe you did it for fear of getting caught, not for dislike of doing something dishonest.  and even if you're going to cite moral reasons for not cheating, why would you come here and draw attention to the fact that one could, in fact, cheat in this way?  especially after expressing your disgust at how unethical a certain MBA applicant was in asking you to lie on a LOR.

and how is mine superficial?  you asked if this has been discussed before, and i said yes, it has.  so had the boalt thing.

and here's another tip for you: if you're going to make other user names to attack people, in particular a moderator, try using a different computer so that IP tracking doesn't give it away.

I explained why I didn't do it when I said I was karmically rewarded by not doing it. Ethical people point out loopholes to help close them. A technique you wouldn't understand because you have no morals. I'm allowed to make as many user names and insult deserving people with any and all of them. You shouldn't be using your moderator status to track people's IDs. What a voyeuristically creepy abuse of moderator powers. If I were in charge I would take your moderator status away for this.

1. you know nothing of my morals.

2. i didn't say you're not allowed to make extra user names.  i was just suggesting that this forum isn't as anonymous as you may think.

3. it's not an abuse of moderator privileges to see who the trolls are.  that's exactly what the moderators are supposed to do.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2004, 12:47:02 PM »
and here's another tip for you: if you're going to make other user names to attack people, in particular a moderator, try using a different computer so that IP tracking doesn't give it away.

hilarious

genreg78

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2004, 12:47:18 PM »
this an interesting contrast to your thread elsewhere in which you express indignation about being asked to lie in letter of recommendation.  care to reconcile?

julie makes an excellent point.

Yours and Julie's posts demonstrate your superficial and poor reading comprehension.

disagree on both counts.

your post said that you didn't do it, but it didn't say you didn't for ethical reasons.  if that's the case, then great.  but maybe you did it for fear of getting caught, not for dislike of doing something dishonest.  and even if you're going to cite moral reasons for not cheating, why would you come here and draw attention to the fact that one could, in fact, cheat in this way?  especially after expressing your disgust at how unethical a certain MBA applicant was in asking you to lie on a LOR.

and how is mine superficial?  you asked if this has been discussed before, and i said yes, it has.  so had the boalt thing.

I explained why I didn't do it when I said I was karmically rewarded by not doing it. Ethical people point out loopholes to help close them. A technique you wouldn't understand because you have no morals. I'm allowed to make as many user names and insult deserving people with any and all of them. You shouldn't be using your moderator status to track people's IDs. What a voyeuristically creepy abuse of moderator powers. If I were in charge I would take your moderator status away for this.

1. you know nothing of my morals.

2. i didn't say you're not allowed to make extra user names.  i was just suggesting that this forum isn't as anonymous as you may think.

3. it's not an abuse of moderator privileges to see who the trolls are.  that's exactly what the moderators are supposed to do.

Except when the moderator is a troll.