Law School Discussion

I'm noticing that only good looking people post their pictures

maximumtennis82

Re: I'm noticing that only good looking people post their pictures
« Reply #300 on: December 29, 2004, 01:04:39 PM »
5 people from the bar's numbers (don't recognize any of the names, probably just randoms)

oooh...  That's cool.  I hardly ever get numbers... just names... and if they're cute enough when I wake up, breakfast.

Sluzzie!  Hehehe...

Nah, if you are a bartender, you end up having to take people's numbers...they give it to you as they are settling out their tabs, not taking it would mostly like kill your tip.  As a rule, I only go to bars/clubs either to work or hang out with friends...Like Julie, I'm a good girl.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2004, 01:07:56 PM »
No I know...
I'm just kidding.  And a little Jealy, I'm pretty shy when I go out, and only hang with friends.  I only go home with people once and a while. ;)

EDIT:
Where do you bartend?  and are you shirtless ;)

5 people from the bar's numbers (don't recognize any of the names, probably just randoms)

oooh...  That's cool.  I hardly ever get numbers... just names... and if they're cute enough when I wake up, breakfast.

Sluzzie!  Hehehe...

Nah, if you are a bartender, you end up having to take people's numbers...they give it to you as they are settling out their tabs, not taking it would mostly like kill your tip.  As a rule, I only go to bars/clubs either to work or hang out with friends...Like Julie, I'm a good girl.

klasyk gyrl

• Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2004, 01:10:09 PM »
Ooooh...this is reminding me of a game we'd (we = summer camp counselors) would play when entirely bored at staff meetings - Wallet Wars.  I blame that game for my tending to keep way too much crap in my wallet.

Aside from my G-card (yes, I actually have one, gift from a friend), I have:
Visa
Student card for my u-grad (valid until 09, woo hoo)
Bank card
License (with a not-so-bad photo, I might add!)
Swipey card for computers at work
Blockbuster card
2 Borders gift cards
Buy-10-get-one-free cards at fav cafe/alternative movie rental place
Library card
6 Fortune cookie fortunes
Oxford student ID
Funny cartoon drawing of a fat elephant attacking a monkey.

i think you win for the most crap in your wallet award.

btw, a question, do bartenders go out with the customers? my buddy was trying to hit on a this girl who worked at a bar, and she was giving him the vibe, but she was also giving my other buddy the vibe too. i told him it was just probably given to people for the tips. he rationalized that she didn't give him her number (he did ask) because she didn't want to look unprofessional at work. i told him, that if she totally dug him, she would have regardless. what's your input?

maximumtennis82

« Reply #303 on: December 29, 2004, 01:12:19 PM »
I bartend at a bar.  Sorry, whole public forum thing.

And, no, definitely not shirtless!  Could never do anything like that...my bar is a pretty cool, chill place...nothing sleazy.

No I know...
I'm just kidding.  And a little Jealy, I'm pretty shy when I go out, and only hang with friends.  I only go home with people once and a while. ;)

EDIT:
Where do you bartend?  and are you shirtless ;)

klasyk gyrl

• Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: December 29, 2004, 01:13:01 PM »
hey thalky, don't sweat it. phone numbers don't mean anything. the number of people you bang does!  :-*
jk, i'm shy too. my friends call me "the prude" and "the unfun."

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 29, 2004, 01:17:10 PM »
I bartend at a bar.  Sorry, whole public forum thing.

Totally, I was messin'

But that's cool that you like it.  I think bartending would be fun, but never had an opportunity yo do it.  Instead I desk jockey and fix computer boards!!!  YAY!  aren't you jealous.

Still I'm sure the attention and the numbers feel a little good. ;) even if you're a good girl as you say.

maximumtennis82

« Reply #306 on: December 29, 2004, 01:17:30 PM »
i think you win for the most crap in your wallet award.

btw, a question, do bartenders go out with the customers? my buddy was trying to hit on a this girl who worked at a bar, and she was giving him the vibe, but she was also giving my other buddy the vibe too. i told him it was just probably given to people for the tips. he rationalized that she didn't give him her number (he did ask) because she didn't want to look unprofessional at work. i told him, that if she totally dug him, she would have regardless. what's your input?

Bartenders do go out with customers.  Some more than others, but eventually (unless they are already taken) every bartender ends up going on a date with somebody they've tended for.  On the other hand, bar workers also flirt with heaps of people they have no interest in.  Again, it varies from person to person (and more importantly, venue to venue), but I know plenty of times I've been *really* *really* nice to people who I'd actually love to throw a martini on, just because of tip concerns.

The only real way to tell whether a bar person is interested in you is if they are busy and giving you a disproportionate amount of attention...or if they give you their number...or ask ya to stick around until close/they get off (har har).  Other than that, it's prolly just a show.

maximumtennis82

« Reply #307 on: December 29, 2004, 01:18:38 PM »
hey thalky, don't sweat it. phone numbers don't mean anything. the number of people you bang does!  :-*

LOL @ "the unfun".  Totally going to use that for one of my group of friends now.

You seem plenty of fun to me though, I'd definitely party with ya!

« Reply #308 on: December 29, 2004, 01:20:36 PM »
g card?

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 29, 2004, 01:20:44 PM »

LOL @ "the unfun".  Totally going to use that for one of my group of friends now.

You seem plenty of fun to me though, I'd definitely party with ya!

oooh, me too me too.  I wanna party with the gyrl