• View Profile
Re: Give Me Your LSAT/UGPA Ratios...
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2004, 05:35:44 PM »
3.68, 168

AMB22

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2004, 05:38:58 PM »
me too, 3.6/168...don't care where the school is, do T14s only.

MJ

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2004, 05:41:34 PM »
foot fetish,  please please please read mine...

3.79/152

but...grew up an orphan,lived in various childrens shelters,  am a minority, paid my own way through college, rec written by profs that liked me alot...my ps reflects all of this...

Foot Fetish

« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2004, 07:25:53 PM »
Oooh do me:
LSAT: 164
UGPA: 3.3 (2 bad quarters frosh year when my son was diagnosed with a disability but have since steadily improved) ~ top public
URM
Worked throughout college and fulltime during the summer
Internship in DC with civil rights organization
Interesting background

I give you all this information because I'm hoping that my diverseness will improve my chances. I'm looking to either be in CA, NC, or VA.

Reaches:  Univ of VA, Duke, BOALT, USC, Washington & Lee.

Safeties:  Univ of NC (safety stretch), William & Mary (safety stretch), UC Davis, UC Hastings, Santa Clar, Univ of San Francisco.

I disagree, I thinl you should add many more reaches, URM is such a wild card you don't know

check it out

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0304&user=angeliita

There are many of these cases on lsn. I think as a urm, you should put apps to all of the t-14.

I don't know about all of the T-14, but you should def throw apps to a few that strike your fancy and probably not the T-3.  That said, I think Foot Fetish's system is more based on numbers (which is why he requested numbers and preferred region) and doesn't consider URM (I think.)

Foot Fetish, come back and do me!  I just defended your system!  ;D

Thank you very much - I'll do more when I have time.  This is too much work while I'm writing my PS.

More to come soon - I promise.

Also - There is no way I can list all reach schools.  I usually narrow on the ones that will lead to the most money.

ljl

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2004, 07:40:33 PM »
Me too me too!  (once your ps is done of course.)

3.17/169

I'm looking in Chicago or DC only.

« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2004, 08:04:16 PM »
Thank you very much - I'll do more when I have time.  This is too much work while I'm writing my PS.

More to come soon - I promise.

Also - There is no way I can list all reach schools.  I usually narrow on the ones that will lead to the most money.

Ahhh...I see.  Well there is no way I'd want to keep you from your PS - the object here is to get into law school, after all  ;)  Good luck on that and I look forward to hearing from you when you're done! :0)

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2004, 12:40:24 AM »
Here are mine: 3.81 (top 4 school), 164 (what a disappointment)
               killer recommendations from professors from a top3 law school (worked with them)
               I am confused as to where I should apply...

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2004, 12:53:15 AM »
I'll have a go, too.

156/3.73 (it's actually 3.82, but my two years of college in high school were averaged into LSAC), state school, 3 majors/1 minor, multi-lingual, and a bunch of other weird, "unique" darn.

CA, MA, NY, MN, D.C. . . .or areas around there.

You have an LSAT/UGPA gap.  That is, your UGPA is very high, but your LSAT is not so high (though not that bad, either).  You have some good intangibles, but I don't calculate that since I can't get into the minds of the adcomms.  I usually lose my concentration when a pair of strappy sandals go walking past - and that happens a lot!

I recommend that you retake the LSAT.  Based on your 156...please take a look at the note I sent BAFF.

Thanks.  Unfortunately I can't afford to retake the LSAT (&can't get a fee waiver for it, since my parents make way too much money).  I have a "medical reason" that probably contributes to my crappy standardized test scores, but I felt it was too personal to discuss in my application, so I'm just going to give it a go as it stands right now (so far I've been accepted to 2 schools, deferred at a top 20, and rejected from a T14 that was obviously a massive reach for me anyway).  I like to think I'm doing pretty well based on my other stuff. :)

JDubs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2004, 06:39:18 AM »
When you get a chance

3.28 GPA (3.6 my last five semesters)

five years work experience as a software developer.

looking in philly area, jersey and possibly new york.