Law School Discussion

Michigan Deferral

Michigan Deferral
« on: December 14, 2004, 12:01:01 AM »
So I got deferred from Michigan today.  I have an lsat of 166 and a GPA of 3.2. I applied ED and I'm in state, so I assumed I would have an advantage. What's the point of deferring me? So frustrated.

Re: Michigan Deferral
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 12:27:39 AM »
I thought the same thing when I got deferred at Columbia (whats the point) but I don't even know if they can reject you out of the ED pool at either school. Not sure though

Bruner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 08:52:35 AM »
Hey Goingback..,

I got deferred yesterday at Michigan.  I was wondering..did the Dean of admissions write you a little not on the deferral letter?  I know it's a strange ?, but thought I would ask.  Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 01:14:33 PM »
Hey Goingback..,

I got deferred yesterday at Michigan.  I was wondering..did the Dean of admissions write you a little not on the deferral letter?  I know it's a strange ?, but thought I would ask.  Thanks!

I don't know about the note--I'm away from my apartment and have been having my roommate open my mail. Did you get a note? How strange.

BigRed

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 03:35:36 PM »
I got my deferral today. And yes, actually, I got a little note. What did yours say? Did they underline "sorry" in the letter too?

Bruner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 08:44:56 AM »
BigRed,

Yes sorry was underlined.  Also my name was crossed out and they used my first name and the note said "there was much in you application we all admired."  What did your note say?

BigRed

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »
Virtually the same thing.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 11:52:28 PM »
I thought the same thing when I got deferred at Columbia (whats the point) but I don't even know if they can reject you out of the ED pool at either school. Not sure though

I got rejected ED CLS

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 08:58:44 PM »
Hey Big red,
not to be cynical, but with a 164, how did you get into cornell already. What makes you so appealing?

BigRed

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 11:35:34 AM »
Not cynical at all. Honestly, I coulnd't figure it out myself. I had a recommendation from a Cornell Law professor, but that's all I can think of.