Law School Discussion

Undergraduate degree

Undergraduate degree
« on: November 16, 2004, 09:50:35 PM »
Just got a quick question, I was wondering if it matter what undergrad degree you take since im applying soon. I was going to take science but my dad said i should just take arts, he is already a lawyer but i just want some other opionens. Do law schools even consider the undergrad degree you take?

Re: Undergraduate degree
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:49:28 PM »
The lore goes that it is considered, but not nearly to an extent that you'd actually want to chose one degree over another.  Choose what you think you can do well in!

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:50:48 PM »
Here's my advice...

I'd recommend taking whatever program you find the easiest and have the most interest in.  I am not saying that you should take the easiest program out their, but you should take something that are good at and are interested in so that you will perform well in your program.

So there is no right or wrong program to be in, there are only programs that suit you and programs that don't.  Only you know yourself well enough to make the call.

DOWNY

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 10:56:08 PM »
Here's my advice...

Who wants your advice? You couldn't even defeat Bush after he lied to start a war.

HTH

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 02:20:30 AM »
Heh, I'm actually very popular in Canada, eh! If Canada were given its fair share of those darned electoral votes I probably would have won!

Tino

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 06:01:20 PM »
I know that UofT Law bumps grades from certain programs, specifically UofT Engineering and Schulich Business.....I'm guessing they probably bump their own business undergrad too.

How much of a "bump" they give... no idea lol

-Tino