Law School Discussion

post your score here

Re: post your score here
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2004, 07:32:51 PM »
177. Raw score: 96.

It was that damned nerve-growth whatever reading passage that got me - missed 3 of those questions somehow, just as I feared I would. But I lucked out and did better than usual on everything else - missed one LR, no LG. I did manage a couple of 180's in the last week of practice, but on the actual exam? Never thought I'd be able to hold it together. Hadn't taken a standardized test since the GRE in back in 1993.

Sorry to crow, but I've waited a long time for this. And now this old chick is pretty damn psyched. ;D

-mm

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2004, 07:36:40 PM »
158, didn't score so badly since the third practice test.  Horrible scale for people who can't do games.

caffeine and nicotine addict

• Stay back - This is MY piss-pot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2004, 07:37:30 PM »
169 - Not exactly what I'd hoped for, but maybe we can work with it.   :-\

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2004, 07:39:38 PM »
171, am one of the few who are happy about it.   

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2004, 07:42:45 PM »
164 seems like they are coming in droves now
oh well mission accopmlished- wouldnt have minded doing a bit better but i will take it in a heartbeat- now i at least have a shot at top 30 schools

vegemitemama

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2004, 07:43:47 PM »
164. I'm happy with that. :)

_EKC_

• LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2004, 07:44:23 PM »
finally. 174. funny thing is, i decided yesterday i'm postponing law school another year.

TheDecline

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2004, 07:45:44 PM »
congrats.  :)

AaronJ

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2004, 07:47:22 PM »
Actually, you're wrong.  When LSAC sets the scale they're not "predicting," they're basing it on prior test-takers' performances on experimental sections.  Search around on the LSAC site if you don't believe me.

Actually, I am 100% correct.  The tracking of expirementals provides the LSAC with a rough estimate of where scores will be.  They take that into consideration only when the construct the test i.e. they now based on the past that the distribution of scores will be roughly normal.

Now, when it comes to the actual test scale it would be absolutely absurd for the LSAC to contruct a distribution based on some past predictive measure.  This is what would happen; LSAC says for this test, based on how difficult we think it will roughly be, "an 88 will yield a conversion score of 167".  "Oh *&^%" says LSAC.  "Guess what, 10% of actual scores came in above that mark".  Well "@#!* it" says LSAC.  "Lets just cram 10% of our test takers into what is already established as a mark for the top 4.3%".  

Do you see why this is impossible?  To reiterate, when it comes to the actual scale a rough estimate is known ahead of time for the purpose of keeping the test consistent over time and that is all.  Your normalized LSAC score depends entirely upon how your peers did.  

TheDecline

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2004, 07:52:32 PM »
Superiorlobe must not have broken 165. 

It's ok Superiorlobe, you're still welcome.   ;)