Law School Discussion

Tulane

dustoffdax

• Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tulane
« on: October 06, 2004, 08:41:03 AM »
Does anyone know if Tulane is in the habit of offering money? 30K is alot of $$$

Bruner

• View Profile
Re: Tulane
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 09:06:45 AM »
I don't know about the $, but New Orleans is dangerous.  And Tulane is located in the middle of it.

Lys

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 10:58:28 AM »
I'm not sure about law school but they give lots merit for undergrad.

I'm not going to pretend that New Orleans is the haven of safety, but if you are smart about where and when you go to places it's ok.

Tulane is acutally located uptown in the nicest area of New Orleans, (true, there are some not so nice areas around it) but you can't say that Tulane is in the "middle of of it" either.

Tulane's a great school.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 01:22:47 PM »
I don't know about fin aid, but I got $23,000 renewable merit scholarship last year (didn't accept it).

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 05:35:13 AM »
Tulane might be in New Orleans, but it doesn't mean that you can't get a quality education despite being in a city known for parties, fun and even some serious drama.  If you are looking for a good school, don't judge by surrounding area, judge by quality of programs offered.  I don't know about the financial aid part, but I'm sure someone else probably will.  Sorry for not being much help there.

maggiemoo

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 05:55:39 PM »
Don't go to Tulane!! I went there undergrad and did some grad work there and they are the devil!!!!

How come? Could you elaborate? I'm curious bc I'm applying there.

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 07:28:21 PM »
I'm applying to Tulane, too!  I am interested in them because they are one of the few schools in the south that offer a joint JD/MSW program.  However, the only thing that makes me wary of the school is that I been advised against going there if you plan to practice in a state besides LA.  I heard that it is hard to pass the bar in other states because LA laws are based on the French system of law and it is very different from many of the other states....in my case, Texas.  Have you heard anything about that?

BAFF213

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 07:33:17 PM »
I'm applying to Tulane, too!  I am interested in them because they are one of the few schools in the south that offer a joint JD/MSW program.  However, the only thing that makes me wary of the school is that I been advised against going there if you plan to practice in a state besides LA.  I heard that it is hard to pass the bar in other states because LA laws are based on the French system of law and it is very different from many of the other states....in my case, Texas.  Have you heard anything about that?

YOu have been misinformed - more people that graduate from Tulane take the NY Bar than the LA Bar (check US News).

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 07:41:23 PM »
Thanks for the info.

BAFF213

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 09:08:23 PM »
Thanks for the info.

No prob.  Is that really your picture?  You look like a supermodel or something.