Law School Discussion

Poll

yay or nay?  yes, this is heteronormative, i know i know.

a. yay
46 (74.2%)
b. nay
16 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Girl taking guy's last name after marriage

jack24

• View Profile
Re: Girl taking guy's last name after marriage
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
I'm not saying anything about what people should always do.

Let me modify my statements a little bit.

If a man and Woman decide to start a family, one of them should be home with the kids.  I believe that women are better at nurturing and caring for small children, but that doesn't mean fathers are incapable, especially after they get a little experience.

Dash said she didn't want kids because they were a pain in the ass.  (Edit: Dash actually said many women don't want kids because they think kids are a pain in the ass, it is possible she may not think that)
Cady said when she hears a baby scream she gets the urge to shake something.

These two exceptional thinkers seem to have selfish motivations.  I might be wrong, but that is what their statements suggest.
If this trend continues, and the smartest and most responsible people in the world choose not to have children then we will end up overrun with Federline babies.

Way to not be able to read, dumbshit. I never spoke to my own plans. So, try again. This "argument" is muy sucky.

Okay, this is where I check out.  Sorry I have "traditional family values"

Dash, once again your bitchiness and your intelligence are running a foot race for your soul.

« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2008, 12:59:57 PM »

If a man and Woman decide to start a family, one of them should be home with the kids.  I believe that women are better at nurturing and caring for small children, but that doesn't mean fathers are incapable, especially after they get a little experience.

Dash said she didn't want kids because they were a pain in the ass.  (Edit: Dash actually said many women don't want kids because they think kids are a pain in the ass, it is possible she may not think that)

These two exceptional thinkers seem to have selfish motivations.  I might be wrong, but that is what their statements suggest.
If this trend continues, and the smartest and most responsible people in the world choose not to have children then we will end up overrun with Federline babies.

Way to not be able to read, dumbshit. I never spoke to my own plans. So, try again. This "argument" is muy sucky.

Dash, once again your bitchiness and your intelligence are running a foot race for your soul.

lol

that's what it took? "That's not what I said"?

jack24

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2008, 01:04:53 PM »
Real quick, I'm getting out of this argument I'm out of my league and outnumbered.
What makes so many of you people mad is that my point of view is still in the majority, but aparently not to many people on here feel that when women stay home, families tend to be happier.

tm,  use your incredible discussion board skills to "express" your values.

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »

lol

that's what it took? "That's not what I said"?

WTF. Awesome.

« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »
I want to know what's running a footrace for MY soul.

My impatience and my laziness?

(in the interest of full disclosure, I'm totally both impatient and lazy)

« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »
I want to know what's running a footrace for MY soul.

Just a certain boy in rural Indiana.

Ever insightful.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »
Real quick, I'm getting out of this argument I'm out of my league and outnumbered.
What makes so many of you people mad is that my point of view is still in the majority, but aparently not to many people on here feel that when women stay home, families tend to be happier.

Families? Or men?   ::)

« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2008, 01:17:45 PM »
Women are never happy, anyway, right?

I mean, there's always a new pair of shoes to want, or a speck of dust to remove. We can't be satisfied.

TNGA60

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
actually, i think it's pretty much a given at this point that this current generation of women will not be happy.

sorry ladies.

This may have been true until K-Fed was placed back on the market.

just dot

• I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »

Families? Or men?   ::)

OOOOH!  BURN!  Good one, MBW.  ::high fives::