Law School Discussion

Emory ASW Review [Long]

Re: Emory ASW Review [Long]
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »
I just want to throw my 2 cents into the NYC vs. ATL debate.

When I came here, I was pretty dead set on trying to find work in NYC. Now, I would say I'm leaning more toward ATL. That is a pretty big swing.

Part of it is hours vs. salary vs. cost of living vs. lifestyle. In ATL, while salaries aren't 160K I'm pretty sure the top firms are paying 145K. You will have to work a lot of hours, but from what I understand not as much as you would in NYC. Plus, it is much, much, much cheaper to live here than NY. Atlanta is cheaper than Orlando (where I am from most recently). Plus, the lifestyle here is a little more laid back, which as I am getting older, I'm starting to appreciate.

I wouldn't say that the large ATL percentage is all self selection but it is a HUGE part of it. More people I know are interested in working here than NYC. By a large margin.

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 06:50:21 PM »
Haha, yeah I was sitting next to "Elle" during that session, so maybe you can figure out who she is...

And I was totally convinced that was you in our group, but I didn't want to ask some dude if he was "Muhammad Ali" and be wrong.

3-Elle

• I secretly love passive voice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 07:37:53 PM »
Muhammad, I was in that group too!

Is that so?  Huh, I guess I met everyone but didn't know it.  Who were you?  Message me, if you'd prefer.  Are you settled on Emory?  If so, also facebook me  :)

I was shocked that seemingly everyone in our group knew of the T14 myth because I'd heard it was mostly an internet label.  Well, that explains it.  Everyone in Group 1 is a member on LSD.  Figures.

Ha, yeah Decider and I were sitting in the back row at the middle desk. I've definitely decided on Emory, so I'll certainly facebook you!

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »
P.S. when I met Elle, she decided to loudly announce to her boyfriend that I was her "internet message board" friend, or something to that extent.

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 08:07:38 PM »
P.S. when I met Elle, she decided to loudly announce to her boyfriend that I was her "internet message board" friend, or something to that extent.

hahaha, i love it.

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »
I'm in the Emory 2011 fbook group!