Law School Discussion

Davis v. Tulane

Davis v. Tulane
« on: March 29, 2008, 06:41:05 PM »
Seems like a hard decision, since both place about the top 30% in big law, and have similar rankings.   Anyone think Tulane is on an upswing?

Re: Davis v. Tulane
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »
Go where you want to end up practicing. 

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
Go where you want to end up practicing. 

Agreed, especially if you want to practice in CA

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 08:36:37 PM »
Agree with those above. Go where you want to practice.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »
If you want to practice in the South or New York, go to Tulane. If you want to practice in California, go to Davis.

As far as Tulane being on the upswing, I don't know. They're basically back in the USNWR to where they were before Katrina. Davis is in a bit of a down-swing though. They took a huge hit in the rankings.  That being said, they will place far better in California or anywhere in the West than Tulane will.

But if you don't care where you practice... I'd go with Tulane. Its in a much better location than Davis, (Davis is located in basically a cow-town) and the overall university is much better than UC-Davis. Just be prepared to be around a lot of trust-fund baby undergrads at Tulane.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
As it turns out, New Orleans is awesome.  Tulane is in a great area for a decent social life post studying, and you'll be just down the street from Bourbon Street.  I know law school is about studying, but come on - it's New Orleans, and there's always time to play.