Law School Discussion

SABBATH LSAT

Re: SABBATH LSAT
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2004, 10:54:24 AM »
And another LR -- something about raising the school tuition to fund something else, but the author concludes this may not be true.  question asked for what gives most support that the tuition increase may not be needed.  I think the answer was E, at the time, they didn't know how many student's they'd have, and whether or not an increase was really needed.

I chose the answer that they allocated budjet for administrative, etc .expensese. I think E weakens the argument, b/c if u don't know how many students u r going to have, u might increase tuition just in case

robbief

• Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2004, 11:26:40 AM »
I feel the one about other expenses was wrong bc we have no way of knowing whether or not that was taken into account. 

If I ask for five dollars for a chocolate bar bc the price went up, the fact that I also have to pay my cable and electrical bills that are more expnsive this month (which is sorta what E was saying) says nothing about where the money's going.  But if you say, well you don't even know if the store sells chocolate bars, it would ceratinly seem to cast doubt upon the fact that I need 5 dollars to buy one for sure.

I don't know how clear that analogy is.  But the fact that D (I think) raised the doubt that a tuition hike  was definitely necassary (which is what the argument said) bc it's possible that it's not needed if there are enough students.

About the match the flaw one... I don't remember anything about lawyer departments, but what I can say is that sounds EXACTLY like the stimulus.  While I remember thinking the baseball one was perfect, I also think that if it sounds EXACTLY like the stimulus (allocating the best workers to the best department), it's usually wrong.  Do you remember why you ruled out the baseball one?

Anyone else have any takes on it?

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2004, 02:44:11 PM »
Welcome Taniti. Hey Robbief. I am in a rush right now, but ill try to respond later. Thank you.

robbief

• Right?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2004, 03:07:08 PM »
haha, not a problem...you definitely don't need to "check in".  Respond whenever you feel like it.

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2004, 06:37:28 PM »
Hi robbief, in terms of || flaw question, the answer a/ baseball mentioned devision ppl into team x and y which didn't have, on the other hand anwer a/ lawyers did match flaw of attribution qualities of part to the whole, though I agree that similar subject matter sounds suspicious. Also still not very sure a/ tuition question, heyhey, do u have an opinion on that one? I feel that anaswer a/ number of students can be a good weakener b/c if there are less students un-ty needs to raise tuition to cover fixed costs for example.. I think u asked b4 to remind a/ the question a/ switches 6 and 7 being off- they asked what was the max switches that are on when 6 and 7 are off, the answer I chose was 3.

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2004, 07:01:09 PM »
Taniti: about the babseball questions.. was the lawyer answer choice C? I think I may have chosen that one. I didnt chose the baseball one because it has 2 teams, and not referring to 1 entity. Something like that.

For the tuition one, i think i chose that one too. Was it about increasing admisinstartive costs and a bunch of other things?somethign like that?

Thanx taniti..

Also do u know what the answer to the last question of one of the LRs was. It was about verbal noice with humans and animals and cognitive(i forgot what word it used, but it started witha  C i think.) . I think I chose choice A but i wasnt toally sure.

Also, the questiona about teachers and calculators and learning the general princple and nto going trhought the whole process, what did u think the answer was? i chose chioce E i think. thanx

What did u choose for the last question in LG. I think i chose choice B

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2004, 07:02:31 PM »
Also: I think the conclusion of the tuition argument was a/ raising t to cover salary costs (correct me if I am wrong). If it was indeed worded like that, then other expenses coverage supports the concl. There is another LR question I am not sure a/: it was in 1st LR toward the end: sth a/ scientists studying sth through colonies of bacteria, assumption question. The stimulus was a/ lack of knowledge a/ shared colonies, and concl a/ inabiltiy to learn a/ most of the bacteria. I chose C with words at least as LR Bible teaches in such cases, but I am not sure if D is correct indeed (it connects knowledge a/ shared colonies w/ knowlegde a/ any bacteria)

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2004, 07:08:54 PM »
Taniti: good memory!
For that question, do u remember what the answer was that you chose (in words), i vaguely remmeber the question buti cant figure out what i chose, right now.

Also theer was a questions that had Choice D: the parts doesnt tell abuot the whole and chocue E: the whole doesnt tell abotu teh parts .  (questions was abotu bees hiding from one part of the world to anotehr rather than in one niche) do u remmeber what u choe (D and E might be switched above)
thanx

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2004, 07:09:28 PM »
heyhey: I have bad memory on letters unfortunately, but I am pretty sure lawyers answer choice was not E, it most probably was C. The tuition answer I chose was a/ admin and maintenanec costs. I didn't und. ur desription a/ "noice with humans and animals", if u can pls describe it more. For LG, was the 4th game a/ supervisors? I don't think I did well on that one, but if u can pls recall the question itself and I might rememeber an answer. RC: do u remember the 1st passage, ministers, there was a question a/ contribution of their protest, was it a/ increased public awarness?

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2004, 07:11:44 PM »
heyhey: was this qustion a/ pollinatio of the flowers? I don't remember any other bees questions