Law School Discussion

Wondering where the Apprentice lawyers/law students went to school?

DESI

Re: Wondering where the Apprentice lawyers/law students went to school?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2004, 04:10:30 PM »
the black dude went to Emory for MBA, and i don't know if he started LS here, but I know his girlfriend is still running around the halls of Gambrell

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2004, 04:11:53 PM »
kevin went to wharton undergrad, emory MBA, and now chicago law school:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/person.php?p=139

DESI, kevin is at u of chicago.  please see above :)

DESI

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2004, 04:13:18 PM »
cool, i just saw that on his friendster profile...  raj is desi, but the whole bow-tie thing pisses me off

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2004, 04:30:16 PM »
what's wrong with bowties?  lexy, please teach desi about the wonders of bowties.

swifty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2004, 07:55:53 PM »
I think that guy Troy from last season should have one.  I didn't see him as a loose cannon.  The guy who did win is boring, has no personality and most likely cannot sell anything.  Troy, however could sell you a glass of sand in the dessert, and I don't see anything immoroal about him.  His mother was sick or something, and he took care of her at the same time built his own successful business.  He said he couldn't afford college, it was his mother or college.  Just goes to show you what people can do with natural ability.
I know it's not ALL about selling, but Troy had more drive and ambition, and pure raw talent than anyone else.

troy was my favorite from last season.  did you see that trump offered to pay for his college education?  that was pretty cool.

bill's position isn't one that requires selling.  he's in a supervisory roll; other people do the building, other people do the selling of the condos or whatever that they're building, etc.  his possible lack of sales skills don't necessarily hurt him in his position; he needs to have leadership skills, which apparently trump thought he had.  and i agree that bill did a better job than kwame, because kwame couldn't put people in their place when omarosa was sabotaging his task at the end.

No, I missed the part about Trump offering to pay for Troy's College.  Did he actually do it?  I doubt Troy would be interested.  There comes a point when you no longer need to learn.  I had this same problem when I went back to school.  Do I major in accounting, my easiest major, knowing they are not going to teach me anything that I haven't learned from the school of hard knocks, or try another field that I know nothing about?  You can't teach what Troy already posseses. I guess is what I am saying.

swifty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2004, 07:59:07 PM »

john is totally hot:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/person.php?p=137

Pookie, of all those links you posted, the only one I clicked on was John, to see how hot he was.  You can see how my mind thinks.   :)

I am not a homophobic type of guy, so I can usually see why the ladies find men attractive.  There are now two exceptions, This John Guy is incredibly ordinary to me,
I mean he doesn't turn heads when he walks down the street.  I can't tell you the other one, I will be cyber-cursed. 

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2004, 09:53:08 PM »
I think that guy Troy from last season should have one.  I didn't see him as a loose cannon.  The guy who did win is boring, has no personality and most likely cannot sell anything.  Troy, however could sell you a glass of sand in the dessert, and I don't see anything immoroal about him.  His mother was sick or something, and he took care of her at the same time built his own successful business.  He said he couldn't afford college, it was his mother or college.  Just goes to show you what people can do with natural ability.
I know it's not ALL about selling, but Troy had more drive and ambition, and pure raw talent than anyone else.

troy was my favorite from last season.  did you see that trump offered to pay for his college education?  that was pretty cool.

bill's position isn't one that requires selling.  he's in a supervisory roll; other people do the building, other people do the selling of the condos or whatever that they're building, etc.  his possible lack of sales skills don't necessarily hurt him in his position; he needs to have leadership skills, which apparently trump thought he had.  and i agree that bill did a better job than kwame, because kwame couldn't put people in their place when omarosa was sabotaging his task at the end.

No, I missed the part about Trump offering to pay for Troy's College.  Did he actually do it?  I doubt Troy would be interested.  There comes a point when you no longer need to learn.  I had this same problem when I went back to school.  Do I major in accounting, my easiest major, knowing they are not going to teach me anything that I haven't learned from the school of hard knocks, or try another field that I know nothing about?  You can't teach what Troy already posseses. I guess is what I am saying.

i agree that troy has skills beyond what you can learn in college, but there is still something for him to learn, whether it's analytical thinking skills, or other marketing/business skills, or just something totally random that he knows nothing about, just to broaden his knowledge.  the offer came when part of the cast and trump were all on larry king, i believe, and troy seemed floored about the offer and extremely grateful.  i want to google it and see what came of it.  even for people like troy with all his street smarts, there is still value in a college degree.

gobears

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2004, 09:57:19 PM »
Troy was my favorite from last season, too, but I think as far as being a leader, Bill did deserve to win.

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2004, 06:26:17 PM »
Update on Troy:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=529&ncid=529&e=5&u=/ap/20041012/ap_en_ce/apprentice_s_education

i guess he's going to college after all!  that's a wide variety of schools looking to recruit him.

Colleges Recruit 'Apprentice' Star Troy

Tue Oct 12, 2:06 PM ET   Entertainment - AP

BOISE, Idaho - Although Troy McClain was fired by Donald Trump during the first season of the NBC reality show "The Apprentice," that hasn't stopped several universities and colleges from recruiting him to star on their campuses.

AP Photo

McClain, who doesn't have a college degree, has been contacted by Boise State University, Columbia University and Albertson College of Idaho over the past six months. He's also received offers from Hollywood, his manager, Ed Moore, said recently.

Moore said McClain met with a Boise State academic counselor last week, but hasn't made a final decision. He needs to register by Dec. 2 to attend January classes.

During an appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live," Trump offered to send McClain to the college of his choice.

McClain, of Boise, has shot two TV pilots and is negotiating several other projects, Moore said.

___

On the Net:

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice/