Law School Discussion

Poll

you know, the ones you hear about from lawyers trying to scare you.  do you agree with the assertion?  why or why not?  assume that we're talking legal work

a. agree (i am a male)
16 (32%)
b. disagree (i am a male)
8 (16%)
c. agree (i am a female)
25 (50%)
d. disagree (i am a female)
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Women are just as physically capable of regularly working those 16-20 hour days

As long as that 20 hours includes making my dinner.

this guy cracks me up.

Oh and my breakfast.  Madness likes to eat.

No lunch?

Sergio

• View Profile
Lunch is provided by the law firm in my scenario.

Sergio

• View Profile
really though, 16-20 hours?  does this really exist?  why would anyone actually do this?

Sergio

• View Profile
I absolutely did not have the grades for medical school, not to mention the discipline.  Oh and I don't like blood.  I'm sure that C plus in Biology would have wowed them.

I'm ok with long work weeks in Biglaw as long as it still gives you time to go out and mack on girls.  Otherwise, what's the point of all that cash?

Sergio

• View Profile
Thanks man.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Thread Starter, did someone suggest that they weren't? Or was this just an impromptu discussion question?

And for goodness' sake, obviously yes. There may be physical differences between men and women, but endurance is not particularly one of them.

Thread Starter, did someone suggest that they weren't? Or was this just an impromptu discussion question?

And for goodness' sake, obviously yes. There may be physical differences between men and women, but endurance is not particularly one of them.

yes, someone did suggest it.

it annoyed me.

but i wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

vjm

• View Profile
You mean the 16-20 hours spent sitting on your ass in a chair? It's not like this is heavy physical labor we are talking about.

Of course, women can do 16-20 hours per day of heavy physical labor too.

Sergio

• View Profile
16-20 hours a day is a lot of time in the kitchen.  What's taking so long to cook?  Or does this include cleaning/doing laundry and sexual favors too?

TITCR

But, really, from the limited sample of biglaw people I am friends with, 16-20 hour days definitely happen. Sometimes several in a row. It sucks, but you do it (and squeeze all of the expensive dinners out of it that you can).

I have to think if it was that often though, no one would be able to stand it.  No matter how much money you make.  Though if by some chance I do get Biglaw, I know I'm just doing it for a few years anyway.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
I wanna hear from the people saying No. It will be interesting to hear their arguments.