Law School Discussion

We're next! So who is taking in June?

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
Re: We're next! So who is taking in June?
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2008, 11:19:16 AM »
Good ole LizPendenz made a really nice thread with tons of links and stuff about a LOT of commonly repeated questions a while back and we got Groundhog to sticky it, but do people read it before posting?  NO!

That will always be the case, but a good mod will have the retarded threads locked before they have a chance to clog up the front page.

I'm gonna start a campaign.  Earl for Mod!!

casper13

• Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »
Well im all in also. I signed up officially last week. I have taken on prep test already. it was test 28. i didnt do as hot as I thought I would so I know there is a tough road ahead of me. I will be on the LSAT discussion forum also. After lurking around ill finally sign up. I have both bibles and a ton of prep tests. Almost all of the recent ones plus I have all the books from the testmasters course (dont ask). Hoping to have a big day on June 16th. Of course I do have a drop dead date of June 5th, meaning if my prep tests and comfort level arent good or up to my standard then I will reschedule for Oct. Gotta love the option of taking the June test, gives you later date in case you really need it and you dont ruin your cycle. Well good luck to all and I hope to collaborate well with you during this time.

AJaKe

• No, a law student!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2008, 12:22:15 PM »
Finally signed up for the June LSAT, I did not know it was in the afternoon, bonus!

I've gotta research the test site, but it looks like I am taking it at Eckard College in St. Pete, anyone else?

I am up for study group-ness.  I've responded to other study groups in the past, but they never seem to pan out.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2008, 12:26:40 PM »
you people screwed.  being way too cerebral.

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »

Principled.

• Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
NYC being one of them. definitely don't want to end up at a high school in  BFE, Brooklyn,  when its students want to have a fundraiser while others are taking one of the most important tests of their lives. Ugh. I'm still mad about that.

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »
When do law schools generally accept applications? I want to turn it in the first day.

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2008, 04:07:09 PM »
When do law schools generally accept applications? I want to turn it in the first day.

You going to hand deliver it?

Something like early November up till April, depending on the school.  That rolling admissions thing.

If you are just starting, you have some time to go and a few seasons to change.  The current cycle is in the close to the end death throws now.  Enjoy spring and summer!

Too bad I couldn't have grown up in a few seasons...maybe baseball seasons.  ;D

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »
I've read this twice now, and I think it is really helpful. Jeffort gave a link for it on the first page of this thread, but I thought I would post it here since it is probably really easy to miss. It explains our situation really well.

Since threads tend to get flushed away to never be found again pretty fast on all the discussion boards and can be hard to follow or keep up with, this category is for people to use for study group purposes.  It is meant to be a place where people participating in online or in person study groups can discuss and easily keep up with the schedule and progress and agendas of study groups that are formed.

It is beneficial to have a study group to keep you on track and to have a dedicated group of people you regularly interact with to discuss problems, issues, and progress with.

The purpose is to facilitate study groups so that you do not have to rely exclusively on everyone being somewhere at the same time every time a group meets, whether in person, in live online chats, or in thread discussions. This is for people that want to keep up with and be able to easily participate in a study group.  People can post when they want and check back when time permits to participate.

Some people prefer live chat room style for interaction and others prefer to participate in threads and posts they can read and post in when time permits.  Keeping up LSAT prep motivation is typically facilitated well by frequent interaction with others that are studying for the test.

Having scheduled times and dates for live chat sessions is also a good way to keep people on track. The upside with threads dedicated to a study group is that it creates a place to keep a record of what was discussed so you can read and review the discussion at will and / or to be able to keep up with schedules and agendas and assignments of the study group.   

An amalgam of live chats and threads and / or in person meetings is an effective way to help everyone stay on track and participate and follow along without having to wade thru all the threads that flow thru the boards every day no matter where you are located or what your schedule of available time to participate is.

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2008, 05:39:57 PM »
I am working on the schedule right now. I'll have it up in a few minutes. I am putting it up to see what kind of reaction I get. If everyone has a big problem with it, then we will change it.