Law School Discussion

We're next! So who is taking in June?

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
Re: We're next! So who is taking in June?
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
No, I'm really in for June.

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2008, 06:52:39 PM »
What the deuce? My I ask why? Is Northwestern not good enough for you Earlcat?

Mauve

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »
A prep class is out of the question

Why do you hate money?

I love the moneys.
Why do you love prep classes?

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2008, 07:50:57 PM »
im taking it in June!!

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2008, 08:28:43 PM »
Good luck!

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
Ya, Im taking it in June.  Im down to go over the PT's anytime.  I have already taken 5.  Let me know.
Hey, go to the link that I posted and say hello on that board. I am trying to organize things over there and I have posted more information. This may become a logistical nightmare for me, but I know that Jeffort will help me out. By the way, I am not the leader of this group; I am just the one trying to get this started. I say this because we need to all come together to make a schedule. We are taking PT 52 on the weekend of March 7th-9th. So please go to LSAC and make the purchase. Maybe say hello on the lsatdiscussion board if you want to join the study group. It is encouraging to see such positive responses. I will not be back on until later tonight.

Hey guys, just got around to reading this thread today.

I set up a live chat thing that appears at the very bottom of my site for a live chat room called lsatchat.  I can also set up private invitation only rooms, set up moderator rights for either type, etc.  Ignore the 'chat' button on the toolbar of my board when you are logged in with a user account.  Everywhere chat changed their software and I need to remove that from my php.

I can also set-up a private board category on my board that is invitation/request only that I are anyone I approve (Like  Stranger) can add user accounts on my board to in order to keep it under control and keep out random idiots / riff raff.  Although I would love to have Julie pop in here and there!  lol

The board category combined with live chats seems to be the best way to go to help it work.  The board category can be used for posting schedules, agendas, plans, questions and issues you want to discuss in advance, follow ups, etc. that participants can review and post in whenever they have time, whereas the chatroom thing is good for live meetings and active discussions during times when people get together to go over things.  A combination/ mix of the two methods seems good since different people have different schedules with work and time zones and all that and cannot always get together at the same time.

This way, nobody has to waste a ton of time trying to coordinate it all and keep notifying people of things instead of being able to study.  Two simple places to remember to go and check to see what's going on.  It will only work if people participate actively though.  I trying to make it as easy as possible and safe for everyone that wants to do it.

A good group of people did a thing like that with a private board category for application materials at the end of last year and it went really well.  Google bots don't see it or archive it, the public can't see it, etc. 

I will say right up front, only serious people should consider even requesting to be added once I get it all set-up.  Not trying to be a male private part or anything, but even with the applications thing, some people that requested access failed to simply even respond to basic questions to get added and/or did not even read the very clear explanation of what to do before requesting to be added.  (like registering a user account and then telling me the frigging user name, and then later complained that they had not been added.  No soup for you!)  lol

I hope everyone sees this. I'll post it on LSAT Discussion as well. I feel the idea of a private discussion board would be the best. I am not saying we would not use the live chat, but I feel I would be more comfortable just replying to other peoples posts.

The only problem right now is that I cannot make a schedule until I know which tests everyone owns or will own. I have a steady job that pays crap but I am planing on buying all of them in the near future. I have all of the Actual Next 10 Pt books, and PT 53 and I just bought 52 today. What does everyone think? I mean, I guess I could just schedule 10-12 tests for certain weekends and everyone could just go out and buy them according to the schedule. Does that work for everybody? I am not going to make this into a big deal; I am just needing a little feedback. I don't want to pose as the leader and creator of this group because I think it should be run by everyone participating. 

-Haha, I never exclude Julie and her wombat. :D

EarlCat

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »

lol... NU made me an offer I couldn't refuse...  Unless Stanford comes begging (yeah right), I'm settled.
I'm mostly doing it for my tutoring gig.  I think I can post a higher score which means better advertising.  :D

EarlCat

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »
A prep class is out of the question

Why do you hate money?

I love the moneys.
Why do you love prep classes?

Obviously because I teach them.  ;) 

Seriously, though.  I prepped with books, and I even got a really good score, but I had to really earn it.  I was lucky my actual score was near the top of my preptest scoring range too.  Since I've now learned what gets taught in a good class and what a good instructor can do for you (like give specific, personalized feedback on things you didn't even know you did wrong), I wish I had prepped with someone and I recommend it to everyone.  When I trained to teach LSAT, and learned how to work things properly, it was like the fog lifted.

I've done practically nothing but work with LSAT for the past two years, and I really wish I had someone like that to give me advice when I was first studying.  I would have scored higher, and likely earned a lot more scholarship money.

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 09:43:23 PM »

lol... NU made me an offer I couldn't refuse...  Unless Stanford comes begging (yeah right), I'm settled.
I'm mostly doing it for my tutoring gig.  I think I can post a higher score which means better advertising.  :D
If you are shooting for a 180 then I want you in our study group. Well, really I just want you in the group anyways because I like to learn from the best of the best.

Ha, I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago but I know very little about Evanston. Have you visited yet?

EarlCat

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 10:11:34 PM »
I haven't read everything, so maybe this was brought up already, but just in case, I think the PrepTests should be done in order with later tests done later.  Maybe one a week on a schedule with PT-53 the weekend before or something like that.

Also, any word on if/when the RC Bible is coming out?